Thank you to Peter "Ski" Schwartz, ex-moderator!

Dear Logic Pro Help members,

It is with great regret that I have to announce that Peter "ski" Schwartz has decided to step down from his role as a Logic Pro Help moderator. Peter is getting increasingly busy with other projects and there's only so many hours in a day. Obviously, just because Peter is no longer a moderator does not mean he's going to vanish into thin air, and I for one strongly hope we'll continue seeing a lot of him on the forum.

As some of you have already noticed, I have made Peter a Site Contributor to thank him for the incredible amount of work he's put into offering help to newbies and experts alike. Please join me in wishing Peter the best in his present and future musical endeavors.

Peter, thanks again for everything! And as ski-ers would say... we'll see you on the boards! <-- See? See what I did right there? Get it? :D

PS: fader8 a.k.a. Randy and I are now your moderator's team, however watch for a new announcement shortly to announce new moderators!

Edited by David Nahmani

Ski....

I hope you know... just how valuable your presence here has been, not only to myself.. (on way too many occasions!) but I am quite sure, to many many others who you have patiently helped, advised, assisted and at times cajoled and poked fun at... always in the very best spirit!!!

Go 'break a leg' with your other ventures... but know, you left a very indelible mark here.. that will be remembered always...

Cheers!!

I dunno, beej, but personally I think he's a bit of a tosser.

:shock:

Sneak peak from LPH R&D:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/files/ed_209_713.jpg

Exactly. That's cuz when it comes to moderating, I don't have that kind of mettle.

Get it?

Har?

OK, well, listen... thanks so much for all the kind words everyone (though Lagerfeldt's reply feels like some of my own posts, where you're not quite sure which way to take its meaning... :lol: ). I actually don't like having all of this attention focused on me, but thank you everyone all the same!

As David indicated, I'm at a place now where I have to balance my work commitments with my online life, and LPH has been a big part of that for the past few years. I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time because I've made a lot of friends here, and also because old habits are hard to break :lol: But alas, as I write this I'm procrastinating on an orchestral arrangement that I must finish tonight...

I'd like to thank everyone for helping to make this forum the best Logic forum on the web! When it comes to music technology resources on the web, I believe that LPH is unique. The vibe is great -- a good mix of friendliness + seriousness, a place where noobies don't get (too) trampled upon just because they're new to it all, a safe haven for people to post their music and get feedback, and most importantly, an invaluable source of help for running The Beast. Thanks be (times a million) to David for creating this community in the first place, and for giving me the opportunity to help out as a moderator.

In closing...

It's been lots of fun,

But alas, I must run,

The rest of my life as efficiently,

As when I was charged,

With responsibilities and duties to perform and spam to delete and posts to move and issues to resolve so large

As when I was moderating, sufficiently. :?:

In truth, I will tell,

It's kinda been hell,

To deal with some of you folks

Like David? Oh man,

He's a pain in my can!

And Randy don't laugh at my jokes!

As far as the rest

I must say, "you're the best!" so

Don't cry or get sullen or pouty,

To get pedagogic

With music and Logic?

You'll all do just fine here [sniff] without me... :(

:mrgreen:

Regards to All,

Ski

P.S. a quick note to the new moderators, whoever you be: "good luck", you'll need it!

:lol:

(j/k)

I'd like to thank everyone for helping to make this forum the best Logic forum on the web! When it comes to music technology resources on the web, I believe that LPH is unique. The vibe is great -- a good mix of friendliness + seriousness, a place where noobies don't get (too) trampled upon just because they're new to it all, a safe haven for people to post their music and get feedback, and most importantly, an invaluable source of help for running The Beast. Thanks be (times a million) to David for creating this community in the first place, and for giving me the opportunity to help out as a moderator.

Amen to that 8)

Ski, really sorry to see you go! You've been a sure and guiding presence here and I've definitely squirreled away a lot of your posts for future reference. Thanks for all the great advice and the good humour. And the bad humour too!

:mrgreen:

Ok, we know why your really gone. You're doing time in the punitentiary.

Ski - good run at being moderate. Now back to the life of debauchery and non-PC comments. I'm sure we'll keep in touch and thanks for all your previous contributions here. I do expect at least the periodic post.

And thanks/appreciation to David for your two moderator selection so far - I'm sure new moderators will be of equal great quality (no pressure here, really... :wink: )