My Click disappeared?!?!

Devon8822
Go to solution Solved by Bloodrom,

8 hours ago, Gregory Schiel said:

I'm not seeing the preview or click track files from the new project when I try to import:  File > Import > Logic Projects in my current project.  

Ok then try this: 

1. Open a new empty project,
  2. Press Command + 0 to open the MIDI Environment. 
  3. Click the Preview channel strip's name at the bottom to select it,
  4. Shift-click the Click channel strip's name at the bottom to also select it,
  5. Press Command + C to copy. 
  6. Close that project. 
  7. Open your project (the one missing the Preview and Click),
  8. Press Command + 0 to open the MIDI Environment. 
  9. Press Command + V to paste.

41 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok then try this: 

1. Open a new empty project,
  2. Press Command + 0 to open the MIDI Environment. 
  3. Click the Preview channel strip's name at the bottom to select it,
  4. Shift-click the Click channel strip's name at the bottom to also select it,
  5. Press Command + C to copy. 
  6. Close that project. 
  7. Open your project (the one missing the Preview and Click),
  8. Press Command + 0 to open the MIDI Environment. 
  9. Press Command + V to paste.

That doesn’t seem to work, David. The channel is pasted, but somehow loses its “Preview Channel” property, i.e. it doesn't get automagically solo-locked (instead another audio channel does).

3 minutes ago, polanoid said:

That doesn’t seem to work, David. The channel is pasted, but somehow loses its “Preview Channel” property, i.e. it doesn't get automagically solo-locked (instead another audio channel does).

That said, when I tried a second time, it worked (!?!), so maybe this does work sometimes… worth a try then

• Like 1

Hey David,

I appreciate the help.

The first time I tried this new suggestion, it pasted the preview track into the middle of my tracks. The preview function still wouldn't work while track plays. 

Tried again, and then moved the tracks behind the master, but they still don't show in the mixer. still don't work.

In my searches for a solution, i've found many users with the same issue, with no remedy other than to start over. 

They suspect we deleted the channel strips, but that's not the case unless they were somehow selected when deleting other channels? 

The problem is the click and preview disappeared from all of my projects, and templates so I think it was some other settings that may have been deselected by user error, or a bug?

i feel like I'm going to have a week of rebuilding my templates and juggling files to get back to work with no guarantee it won't happen again.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but this and a host of other issues have me looking at other daws atm.

• Sad 1

Are we all using 10.8+? The first song I made in 10.8 had this happen, and then a bunch of other crazy issues followed it such as crashing when I toggled the click, channel strips exchanging all their inserts with each other, and auxes disappearing.

I haven’t had it happen since but I also switched to Rosetta right after that song…

• Like 1