Microkorg sounds in logic MIDI/USB

malflugan

Hi!

How do i use the sounds on my microkorg in logic?

I can either choose midi ports or usb.

I create an external midi channel and open the library

i can see that logic is receiving the midi notes

I can choose 16 different channels but no sound is coming

I'm using logic 9 and a macbook pro and a m-audio pro sound card

/axel

You use the MIDI Cables or the USB cable to use your keyboard as a MIDI controller to trigger software instruments in Logic. To record the sounds from your Korg I believe you need to connect the Audio Outputs from the Korg to the Audio Inputs on your audio interface. Then you create a new Audio Track and record to it.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

So i can't quantize the sounds from the microkorg since it's an audio file. Is there any way around this. I guess that i want to use the microkorg as an audio bank?

That's a new question. It would be best for you to start a new thread for that question. You will get more replies from those who know about that.

I suggest starting a new thread called: Quantizing Audio or Can I Quantize Audio In Logic or some other similar descriptive subject title.

Also, for future questions, it helps to know what you’re working with. It would be beneficial to add your Logic version, system and gear info to your Profile under Signature. Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

So i can't quantize the sounds from the microkorg since it's an audio file. Is there any way around this. I guess that i want to use the microkorg as an audio bank?

It would be easier if you simply deal with MIDI for editing, quantizing, etc your parts and commit to audio only when you're done.

By the way, you can quantize audio in Logic using Flex Time editing, if you need to...but...

I can choose 16 different channels but no sound is coming

I'm using logic 9 and a macbook pro and a m-audio pro sound card

Like Scott said, connect audio cables from the Microkorg's outputs to the inputs in your M-Audio interface.

Choose the M-audio as the input device in Logic's audio preferences.

Create an audio track and set the appropriate inputs (if you used 1 and 2 in your interface, set the track input to 1 and 2).

Click the input monitoring button on the track (the "I").

Adjust the input gain knobs on your audio card until you get a good signal.

With this setup you'll be able to hear the sounds of the Microkorg when you play its keys, and when you play back any MIDI parts recorded to the external MIDI track. Remember to turn off local control in the Microkorg (check page 49 of the microkorg manual ).

J.