Low on memory, Should this be happening???

bozzie1704

Hi, I just got a new Macbook Pro with 16 gig ram and a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 and it says low memory, I have the latest OS X and Logic running 64 bit and im only running 16 audio tracks with an EQ and compressor on each track and two sometime three space designers on the buss's and the I/O buffer size is set to 512, It freezes up a lot and sometimes crashes.

Should this be happening? are there some setting I can change to make it run smoother? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

1325699774_ScreenShot2012-09-21at8_44_56PM.thumb.png.6d1dc1910d9c31338405c54e38dd504c.png

1994006027_ScreenShot2012-09-22at10_22_58AM.thumb.png.1fef225fec775ef6b7a097398c2647fd.png

One thing you could do is disable the inputs on all audio tracks - I assume you are done recording, yes?

O, and I don't think it has anything to do with memory, this project is clearly not using much memory (no Instruments, no audiostretching); So I think you mean that the CPU is overloading, right? Well, you're right, your Mac shouldn't really have any trouble at all playing your project.

The only thing i can see that is taking a significant toll is qtkitserver, although that is still cpu usage rather than memory. However, I recently had a problem in ml related to qtkitserver. I solved it by updating ml to 10.8.1. Stupid of me to be update to the latest version of osx immediately... It's kind of a no-no for people like us that work with audio. Anyway, try the latest update or re-updating with the combo update from the apple website. If that doesn't work, turning off icon previews in the finder should work. I'm pretty sure qtkitserver displays thumbnails for mp4's. Hope that helps.