MIDI Input for External Synths Broken [SOLVED]

dr

Never had this issue before in my many years of using logic.

Im using 2 daisy chained Unitor 8's mk2.

I can trigger softsynths with my external hardware midi synths as controllers (so I know they are connected correctly). I cannot trigger their engines via logic though.

I have set them up via AMS (and nothing is grayed out) and their ports all show up in Logic and are named properly. But I cannot play these synths and I do not see any of the midi being transmitted from Logic on the front panels on the synths and modules.

I tried resetting the midi driver in logic. I disconnected all USB hubs. Is there something more effective I can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Couple things worth mentioning:

Sometimes I get an intermittent issue of midi response being extremely delayed. This is rare but it has happened recently.

Also occasionally logic opens control setup to add duplicates of certain control surfaces (usually a Korg MicroKontrol, but I have a Logic Control, XT, and C4 connected as well).

Never had this issue before in my many years of using logic.

Im using 2 daisy chained Unitor 8's mk2.

I can trigger softsynths with my external hardware midi synths as controllers (so I know they are connected correctly). I cannot trigger their engines via logic though.

I have set them up via AMS (and nothing is grayed out) and their ports all show up in Logic and are named properly. But I cannot play these synths and I do not see any of the midi being transmitted from Logic on the front panels on the synths and modules.

I tried resetting the midi driver in logic. I disconnected all USB hubs. Is there something more effective I can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Does this occurs on all of your project? If so have you checked your MIDI preferences for abnormal/accidental changes? If the problem occurs only on certain projects, either they could be corrupted in some way or the MIDI settings have been changed...

Couple things worth mentioning:

Sometimes I get an intermittent issue of midi response being extremely delayed. This is rare but it has happened recently.

Also occasionally logic opens control setup to add duplicates of certain control surfaces (usually a Korg MicroKontrol, but I have a Logic Control, XT, and C4 connected as well).

Try disabling all control surfaces. It sounds like there is some MIDI interference or MIDI loop?

Thanks for throwing out some ideas. I figured when I finally did figure out the problem I would kick myself. :oops:

Basically I added a massive 28 port USB hub recently and when I reconnected USB to the my Unitor8 chain I put it in a different Unitor8. Since I only have synths connected to 1 Unitor and Control surfaces on another all of my ports were mismatched on the interface and hence I couldn't use my synths. For whatever reason Midi Monitor was not seeing it, but when I finally got a little sleep I thought of using the Test Setup function in Audio Midi Setup and hit some keys on each keyboard. That showed me that my inputs were mismatched on the wrong Unitor and that is why I couldn't access my synths. Oh well. Thanks for the support though :wink: