Turning on bluetooth adds delay to usb audio device

metalmaster1988

I am currently running a 2012 MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz Quad core with 16GB RAM and Mountain Lion.

I have a 27" Samsung monitor running at 1080p on my display port out and a USB mixing desk feeding monitors on one of the USB Ports. 

When I turn on bluetooth to use an external mouse and keyboard, this adds a delay of about a second to the output to the USB audio device, this means that in Logic the timeline goes out of sync with the audio. Turning off bluetooth and rebooting the computer gets rid of the delay.

Can anyone suggest why this should happen? Is there a way of solving this issue without using a wired mouse and keyboard (which would also require me to use a usb hub because there is only one spare USB port.)

Its very annoying, as I have bought the bluetooth mouse and keyboard especially for the purpose of using the big screen for music production.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

O, is the mixing desk a Behringer, or any other with 16 bits stereo converters? They are notoriously illbehaved, I used a Behringer Eurorack 1204 USB for a very short time, the inbuilt audio interface it had was rubbish. At any buffer size it began crackling after 3-5 minutes of use, I tried my own remedy, but everytime it lasted no longer than a few minutes, or less, and it crackled and lagged again.

My advice: get a decent 24 bits audio interface; if you insist on using the mixer, you can simply use the analog outs of the mixer and plug 'm into the 24 bits interface. Brands that are proven to work well with Mac OS and Logic: Apogee, Presonus, MOTU, Roland, Akai (Pro), Edirol and others. Avoid anything 16 bit (the inbuilt Mac chip is generally better).

My advice: get a decent 24 bits audio interface; if you insist on using the mixer, you can simply use the analog outs of the mixer and plug 'm into the 24 bits interface. Brands that are proven to work well with Mac OS and Logic: Apogee, Presonus, MOTU, Roland, Akai (Pro), Edirol and others. Avoid anything 16 bit (the inbuilt Mac chip is generally better).

If you want to big league, (and have either Thunderbolt or Firewire available), Metric Halo is highly recommendable... :mrgreen: