Logic Pro X and Logic Remote Now Available

Once I hear the specs of the new iPad 5, likely there will be a used iPad 3 for sale over here...

8)

Anyone with Gen 1 iPads, besides the iOS limited to iOS 5, there are components missing to do the things we need.

That plus, once you try the Gen 3 or more, it's a night and day difference with a newer model.

Because a large portion of these people are old geezer farts who hate change and complain too much about it.. right down to the nomenclature that apple chooses to use.!

Define "old geezer farts."

You don't even know the age of the folks you're referring to.

You appear to be a troll trying to incite anger because you disagree with other folk’s opinions. You've referenced "old geezers" a minimum of three times so far on this thread. What's your motivation? Just bored? Too much time on your hands? Just malicious?

Where's the youthful enthusiasm for new features and improvements, enhancements, making things work BETTER, more responsive and fun!

Everyone would love the utopia that you describe but what you're failing to see, or admit, is that with each new OS and each new version comes new problems and new bugs. Hardly improvements if it stops you in your tracks and you have to troubleshoot everything again instead of being able to use the software for it's intended purpose and keep on working.

I don't think anyone here is against progress but progress should make sense. And progress should make things BETTER. But some times it does not and people have a right to speak their mind about it. You certainly have displayed that you believe you have a right to say your say but you seem to think anyone who opposes your opinion is out of order and should just shut up and die…because their just “old geezers”.

We should not be corporate guinea pigs. Corporations should be testing their products before they roll them out to the masses whether it’s a drug, a machine, software or whatever they are trying to make their fortune off. After all, they’re not in business because you want to make music or would like a certain product. They’re in business to make money. To make money, you must satisfy your customers. Customer feedback is the only way for corporations to know if their customers are satisfied. Hence, what you call bitching and whining.

I’ll refrain from referring to you as a 21 year old “expert” because there is no such thing (except of course in the mind of a 21 year old). But, I assume you’re quite young judging by your posts just as you are assuming that others are “geezers” based on their posts.

One last thing, you’ll be an “old geezer” some day lologic (if you’re lucky enough to live long enough) so you might want to start treating people the way that you would like to be treated when you reach an age of maturity.

Signed,

Not an “old geezer” (unless your definition of “old geezer” is older than 21).

lol

Feel free to keep making things up that I never said, or allow me to shed light on your misconceptions, either works..

I am talking about the stupid bitching with regard to apple renaming the caps lock keyboard to musical typing. That kind of useless nonsense. Or that the plugins are too big now. That's all. Aesthetic minutiae. Bitching about dumb things for the sake of bitching.

It may be time to clean the tint from your rose colored glasses, never did I say that everyone should jump feet first into new software without understanding the changes and their impact.

By the way, this is a very good release in terms of an X.0, I have not read about pages and pages of legitimate complaints. While not completely perfect, they got it mostly right, with an 0.1 release which came out very fast. So, tell me what planet you are from when you are telling me that "corporations should be testing their products" with regard to this particular software release - when they have done a tremendously fine job of doing just that.

It's not that hard for me to take an educated guess of who is over 40 and who is not. How? The way they type, punctuation, use of caps lock, the types of jokes and statements they make. Sort of like it's easy to spot youtube teenagers and reddit college kids due to their own unique mannerisms and styles. I'm older than you think, I've been on the web as long as it has existed, so this just comes out of experience.

Oh and I almost had you pegged for an Alex Jones conspiracy nut based on this:

This will eventually collapse on itself as more and more people fall into poverty and can no longer afford to keep up.

lol

The upsetting thing for me is that it is a proven fact that corporate giants, like Apple, grow their business explicitly by trying to find more and more ways to screw us all... :|

Screw us all by making new products?

ROFL, For those who cannot recognize obvious humor, it was a joke! you know, sarcasm? :lol:

I had a big issue when they started calling the Matrix editor the "Piano Roll". It is my go-to editor for almost everything, yet I can't think of the last time I used a piano in my music. If they had called it just the "roll" or the "note scroll" or something I would have been much less annoyed.

Piano Roll is a standard name used by far more than just Logic. It's named after the paper rolls used in player pianos, which look very similar.

Pretty silly how some people are getting so obsessed with the names of features. I don't see how the names make the app any better or worse to make music.

I had a big issue when they started calling the Matrix editor the "Piano Roll". It is my go-to editor for almost everything, yet I can't think of the last time I used a piano in my music. If they had called it just the "roll" or the "note scroll" or something I would have been much less annoyed.

Piano Roll is a standard name used by far more than just Logic. It's named after the paper rolls used in player pianos, which look very similar.

Pretty silly how some people are getting so obsessed with the names of features. I don't see how the names make the app any better or worse to make music.

i think he was trolling as well

Is this the 5 minute argument, or the whole half hour? :mrgreen:

IMHO, I can't define the iPad app as 'free.' It is an element of the whole Logic X package, though not everyone has the means to take advantage of that element. I will say that I am happy to have it, as I was noodling around on the iPad's keyboard laying in bed, while Logic was out here in the livingroom playing away. As a complete package, Logic Pro X is impressive as hell, the Drum Kit Designer, imo, is amazingly good-sounding and well thought out. I can understand why Fisherking dumped his 3rd party drum program in favour of it.

Is this the 5 minute argument, or the whole half hour? :mrgreen:

IMHO, I can't define the iPad app as 'free.' It is an element of the whole Logic X package, though not everyone has the means to take advantage of that element. I will say that I am happy to have it, as I was noodling around on the iPad's keyboard laying in bed, while Logic was out here in the livingroom playing away. As a complete package, Logic Pro X is impressive as hell, the Drum Kit Designer, imo, is amazingly good-sounding and well thought out. I can understand why Fisherking dumped his 3rd party drum program in favour of it.

have to say I disagree.

Logic Remote is nothing else than a dedicated controller like Logic Control was back in the days (now Mackie MCU). Not everybody needed it, not everybody had it.

(Come to think of it Logic Control does pretty much everything Logic Remote does)