Apple OS X Mavericks FREE available today

Didn't show here until I searched the AppStore for "Mavericks".

5.29 GiB ... Love the way at install it says

"Less than a Minute" remaining. Then you wait 10 minutes.

Automap 4.7, Duet (Fw) LpX seem fine here.

The AppStore wants to AutoUpdate apps. Its having a laugh init :shock:

There's also a "Feature" to let your apps nap!

Need to look into turning this off.

My Sons Mac was quicker than this one opening apps, (Developer Version)

thinking that his newer mac is the reason. He also uses Duet (Fw) LpX.

First impressions are good... 8)

Ok mine ended up downloading... me thinks Apple needs to sort out their app store... it's unnecessarily confusing as to wether or not something is currently downloading...

They sure do, the AppStore is a pain sometimes.

Once I hit the buy I went to the Purchased page and watched the progress in there.

Once OS X starts to install (Restart) it opens a menu to Close all apps. (New feature)...

There's a preference in the System Prefs to turn off automatic updates.

so..for me, so far so good.

first install attempt failed; second took a while (over 2 hours), but am up & running. even my hacks work LOL (locking away the dock, black menubar, locking away notification center, custom dock icons....etc).

had to re-do validation for my plugins. but...looks good. logic opens fast as in ML, but my song files seem to be opening faster too (or maybe i just WANT to believe that).

will report in over the week if anything interesting comes up!

Hey Guys,

I'm on Logic 8 and I just installed Mavericks. I'm getting these vertical black lines whenever i begin playing a project. They seem to grow in thickness as the play-marker (or whatever it's called) moves across the arrange window. Hoping someone could help me with this.

Is there a way I can upload a screenshot? This is my first post. :?

Thanks!

Here's a photo of what I'm talking about...

Confirmed here. Seems like a redraw bug. If you open a window, or the loop browser, or audio bin, or resize something...it goes back to normal. The problem is that it doesn't stick: as soon as you press Play again, darkness reappears. :twisted:

Time to upgrade Logic or go back to a previous version of the OS.

J.

LpX is opening faster, so are my projects.

Going to the applications folder and opening the "Get Info" window I ticked the box "Prevent App Nap" on AutoMap, LpX and MainStage 3 applications.

Lp9 application has the "prevent app nap" box already selected and its greyed out preventing any changes...

Very pleased with the update so far...

Not quite as straightforward for iOS 7.0.3, iTunes 11.1.2, the new OS X iBooks and my Photos.

First sync's of my iPhone were a bit of a chore, with duplicated photos and repeatedly copying 1000 photos, ouch!

Chased it down to the new iBook app. I had to manually delete a lot of ancient pdf's and other format docs i've collected on my iDevices. Once i'd done this the sync went smooth and all seems fine now.

Love the interface in LpX, the larger text is much easier on my eyes. I had to zoom in on Lp9 sometimes just to read the text. My main issue is the top toolbar being too large, considering hiding it completely and using a floating transport window.

Looking forward to the release of David's book so I can dig deeper into LpX.

In the advertisement they boast about new core technologies that deliver breakthrough power efficiency and responsiveness! Could that be the end of the CPU overloads problem and poor resource management that plagued Logic so far?

If so, that would make it even harder not to jump in already!

That's a Logic problem, not an OS problem. No matter how great the OS, if they don't make Live mode (for example) multi-core (or at least let you turn it off), you'll keep running into CPU overloads for sure.

J.

I'm a bit confused, can someone help.

Right now I have Snow Leopard and Logic Pro 8. I want upgrade to Logic X. Do I still have to buy Mountain Lion first or can I just download Mavericks and then download and run Logic X?

In other words will Logic X work in Mavericks without Mountain Lion installed.

Many thanks.

Right now I have Snow Leopard and Logic Pro 8. I want upgrade to Logic X. Do I still have to buy Mountain Lion first or can I just download Mavericks and then download and run Logic X?

Many thanks.

You don't need to go through Mountain Lion first...actually, I don't think you'll even find it at the App Store any more.

So yeah, get Mavericks then Logic X.

You might want to check this guide as it may clear things up about the upgrade:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2056543/installing-mavericks-our-complete-guide.html

J.

Many thanks.

You don't need to go through Mountain Lion first...actually, I don't think you'll even find it at the App Store any more.

So yeah, get Mavericks then Logic X.

You might want to check this guide as it may clear things up about the upgrade:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2056543/installing-mavericks-our-complete-guide.html

J.

Not to mention, you'd save yourself $20—err, whatever Mountain Lion was going for on your side of the Pond.

FYI,

was able to download and install iWork apps for free also... however, Keynote discards my favorite droplet and confetti transitions.

Did you check in your Preferences for "Include obsolete animations"? I really want to get my hands on it, but am purposefully holding off buying because then I'll just tinker around when I've got more pressing matters on my plate.

FYI,

was able to download and install iWork apps for free also... however, Keynote discards my favorite droplet and confetti transitions.

Did you check in your Preferences for "Include obsolete animations"? I really want to get my hands on it, but am purposefully holding off buying because then I'll just tinker around when I've got more pressing matters on my plate.

Yea, that is missing in this version. Also, in the past in was able to copy from older keynotes into the the newer version and use the transitions. Transitions do not copy from the previous version, even when simultaneously opening both the new keynote app and the older...