Who's ready to go to Yosemite (OS 10.10)

Bringing this back to Logic and Yosemite...

I've now been running Yosemite beta 1 for five days and Logic is running fine.

This may in part have to do with the fact that the latest version of Logic was just released, so the programme may well be ahead of the curve on Yosemite compatibility.

It's clear that Yosemite is about new graphic design, greater integration with iOS and, most importantly, new features (none of which appear to have anything to do with how applications like Logic run).

To take a couple of simple examples, I love the new Spotlight and the new Notifications. In Mavericks, I rarely used the latter, indeed tended to find it annoying, but I'm now actually bringing it up a few times a day. Its utility is significantly expanded. Then there's the important stuff, like much expanded iCloud, "family" sharing of stuff like music and books, etc, and some things that weren't even mentioned at the Developer Conference, such as the fact that a Mac will now recognise an iOS device, including its screen, as a video source.

Then there's Swift. Still working my way through the manual, but this new language is a big deal.

The oddest thing that I've read in this thread is the statement of one participant in this forum that he will avoid Yosemite as long as possible because, from what he's seen, it's "fugly". Since the person who wrote that has seen nothing except some pictures of icons, I gather that it's a suggestion that Sir Jonny Doesn't know how to design.

Another great feature is that if you're working on a document or email, let's say you start it on your iPhone, an icon will appear in the dock on your laptop when you get close to it which will allow you to pick up where you left off on the computer.

I could see this someday being applied to logic. Can you imagine that? I know they have garagaband for IOS, but what if there was some logic lite type of program to sketch out ideas, return the computer and instantly load that project into Logic X with one button.

And baby boomer closed-mindedness in general should really be of no surprise to anyone.

lol

Illogic,

I'm using Yosemite beta, not iOS beta, so I haven't tried that and indeed don't know if it's implemented yet. But yes, it's potentially important.

P.S. There just might be some baby boomers who are keen on Yosemite.

Illogic,

I'm using Yosemite beta, not iOS beta, so I haven't tried that and indeed don't know if it's implemented yet. But yes, it's potentially important.

P.S. There just might be some baby boomers who are keen on Yosemite.

And then you take little jabs at my fake name, as if that's supposed to insult me in any way.

You guys are hilarious.

So you like the new features? That's great, you're ahead of the curve in your age group. Meanwhile the rest of you come in here to bitch about every little thing like it's the end of the world.

A year ago someone didn't like the fact that caps lock keyboard was renamed to musical typing. Give me a break!

lol

Jesus,

Maybe the error in your name was either paying insufficient attention while doing other stuff (like following the Tonys to see if Mark Rylance's Twelfth Night is recognised) or Apple doing its own spelling "correct"?

Surely obvious from getting your name right in previous posts (where, in fact, I had to be careful to get it right)?

Jesus,

Maybe the error in your name was either paying insufficient attention while doing other stuff (like following the Tonys to see if Mark Rylance's Twelfth Night is recognised) or Apple doing its own spelling "correct"?

Surely obvious from getting your name right in previous posts (where, in fact, I had to be careful to get it right)?

If you made a typo I apologize. It looked like illogic, hard to tell. The last guy called me "nologic." Probably the same way he calls the president "Nobama" :)

lol

Guys...

[attachment=0]don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png[/attachment]

Do you really, honestly think that I am trolling? That I don't believe what I say? Do you even understand what trolling means in this context?

Go ahead, show me the vast amount of audio and video software that was broken between Mountain Lion and Mavericks. Show me the massive industry chaos that ensued because Apple changed SO MUCH.

And then after that, you can tell me how it's going to happen ALL OVER AGAIN with the new Yosemite release.

So when caveman opinions from people with one foot already in the grave are challenged that must mean that those presenting the challenge must not be serious.

Maybe you have another cute picture to post to the forum in response?

Arrogant ass.

lol

Well, this was a good and friendly discussion up to a certain point. :| Page 2

Let's try to carryon regardless. :)

People get angry when things get pointed out to them that contradict what they have always accepted to be true. They call me cute little names, a troll, what have you.

It really comes down to this. OS upgrades are getting better and more seamless, new features are to be welcomed. It's not like MacOS is going the Windows 8 route with a totally crazy new interface that's supposed to make sense, but doesn't. There's not much new to learn, it will just look a little different.

Look how seamlessly Logic X was received. It's because they have decades of experience to get most of the details right and can finally put out a major update without bringing on the apocalypse.

You people really have nothing to fear.

lol

You have made your point how you feel i am glad you are happy but others here & myself do not enjoy the updates there is no point in making posts how much you love updates you only have to tell us once we are not stupid people.

Let others have a chat now why we don't like the updates etc.

IMHO this is a silly topic because:

1. Apple is going to continue to do updates, regardless of what the tiny percentage of the user base here thinks about it.

2 If like me, you embrace new features and are happy to constantly reinvent your workflow in between projects, then you are cool with that.

3. You don't have to do it he day it comes out, you can wait and read about others experiences or wait for updated versions.

4. You don't have to EVER do it if you do not care about new stuff. The software and hardware police will not come in the middle of the night and confiscate your stuff thereby ruining your workflow.

If however, you ant newer and better stuff, including new and better versions fo Logic Pro and more powerful computers., you will need to eventually update to new OS versions. Ditto if your clients demand it.

Put on your big boy pants and deal with it. :)

I mean, really. There's a "club" now for forward thinking people ?

No!

1.jpg.484dc4773082e57836a28f9160f05161.jpg

Club motto:

"The first rule of condescending club is really kinda complex and I don't think you'd understand it even if I explained it to you."

There's also the 'High Horse' club, the 'My Opinion Is More Valid Than Yours' club and the 'You're All Stupid And/Or Old If You Don't Agree With Me' club.

Non-specific to this discussion, however, while I know it flies in the face of the prevailing cultural egalitarian ethos, in fact, not all opinions on any given subject are equal. An educated and experienced opinion is worth more.

Shocking attitude, I know.:)

And now you're assuming that those who have a different opinion than yours are not educated or experienced. :roll:

Don't forget, lologic keeps saying that those who choose to stay with a tried and true stable set-up instead of adopting every new OS as well as upgrading all related software and often times having to buy new hardware to run the latest greatest OS and other software are a bunch of old folks with "one foot in the grave." I know you're not a youngster Jay.

Let's face it. Some people feel that if others do not agree with them that they are wrong. You and lologic seem to agree on that point.

Fact, not everyone want's the same thing. So, each opinion is valid but some people have a really hard time accepting that and they want to try to force their opinion on you (and in the process try to demean you) instead of just stating their opinion in a respectful manner and then respecting others opinions.

Absolutely not assuming that, just standing up for a principal that used to be what we were raised to believe but has now been replaced by egalitarian nonsense that "each opinion is valid." Some are on some subjects, some are not. My opinion on music technology IMHO is empirically worth a lot because I literally get hired and paid to give it in person and in print. My opinion on String Theory is worthless.

Well OF COURSE, if people disagree with me I think they are wrong. That is what having an opinion MEANS :)

And I don't mean to be disrespectful, I am merely pointing out that people have two options:

1. Stay current and know that they will have to make a lot of changes, some for the better, some maybe for the worst.

2. Stay where they are and maybe miss out on some stuff.

The one option people should not have is to choose #1 and bitch and moan about it. That is what I mean by people putting on their big boy pans.

I mean, really. There's a "club" now for forward thinking people ?

No!

'High Horse'[/b] club, the 'My Opinion Is More Valid Than Yours' club and the 'You're All Stupid And/Or Old If You Don't Agree With Me' club.

So far, your sole, and at this point repetitive, contribution to this discussion has been to play self-appointed moderator and slag off two people who you have decided to label as members of a troll "club".

Do you have something - anything - to say that addresses the subject of the discussion?

So far, your sole, and at this point repetitive, contribution to this discussion has been to play self-appointed moderator and slag off two people who you have decided to label trolls.

Do you have something - anything - to say that addresses the subject of the discussion?

Yes. I do have something to say about the subject (thought that was already implied).

I agree with those folks that stick with the tools that work for them for whatever reason AND those who want to move on to the new versions for whatever reason.

What I don't agree with is when people feel that they're somehow smarter and better if someone else chooses to do something different than them.

And I did not refer to Jay as a troll. I know him better than that from his history on this site. I merely pointed out that from what he stated in his post, he was stating that his opinion was more valid than someone who disagrees with his opinion and that his "big boy pants" was a condescending remark, which it is. That is my opinion. Maybe I misunderstood him but by his latest post I don't think I did.

Edited by Scott Jackson

And I did not refer to Jay as a troll.

Pardon?

You accused lologic of being a troll, not once, but twice, and you explicitly accused Ashermusic, the minute he posted, of being a member of "the lologic club".

Everybody in this discussion is perfectly capable of expressing their views without you running self-appointed interference and making accusations against people. Do you really think it's your place to tell people whether they should reply to someone's posts? Do you believe that people are incapable of making that decision for themselves and need instruction from you?

Meanwhile, you are singlehandedly taking this whole discussion right off the rails.

Maybe look in a mirror with the word troll in mind.

And let everyone else just get on with the discussion.

Edited by rorick

And I did not refer to Jay as a troll.

Pardon?

You accused lologic of being a troll, not once, but twice, and you explicitly accused Ashermusic, the minute he posted, of being a member of "the lologic club".

Everybody in this discussion is perfectly capable of expressing their views without you running self-appointed interference and making accusations against people.

Meanwhile, you are singlehandedly taking this whole discussion right off the rails.

Maybe look in a mirror with the word troll in mind.

And let everyone else just get on with the discussion.

I know you don't understand Rorick, based on your latest post and you're inaccurate comments, but you are wrong.

Let it go.

I already said what I said for good reason and I'm going to leave it at that. Read lologic's posts. Not just in this thread but his past posts as well. Condescending is not an inaccurate description of his typical post.

Get the facts straight it was 37 minutes before I posted back to Jay and I have already stated why I made that post.

In my view, once someone resorts to name calling, they have lost. Name calling is a tactic of those who cannot make a cogent argument without resorting to it.

Jay,

This is name calling. This is what lologic called me.

Arrogant ass.

I simply said that your comment ("put on your big boy pants") was condescending.

That is not "name calling."

You guy's are impossible. :?

And now you're assuming that those who have a different opinion than yours are not educated or experienced. :roll:

Nope. Education and experience has nothing to do with forward thinking.

Don't forget, lologic keeps saying that those who choose to stay with a tried and true stable set-up instead of adopting every new OS as well as upgrading all related software and often times having to buy new hardware to run the latest greatest OS and other software are a bunch of old folks with "one foot in the grave." I know you're not a youngster Jay.

Don't twist my words around, dude. I never said anything of the sort. You think I haven't heard this before? If you have a stable system with a lot of big projects in the pipeline I am not saying be a bleeding edge twat and upgrade immediately. lol, you must think I'm stupid.

What I *am* saying is that things have changed. Even if you were to do such a hasty upgrade, it's not going to be the end of the world, because OS upgrades do not drastically change much anymore under the hood. Presuming of course you were already up to date before.

The more frequently apple releases a new OS the less of a big deal they are, they are getting VERY good at this.

That last sentence is key.

Let's face it. Some people feel that if others do not agree with them that they are wrong. You and lologic seem to agree on that point.

Fact, not everyone want's the same thing. So, each opinion is valid but some people have a really hard time accepting that and they want to try to force their opinion on you (and in the process try to demean you) instead of just stating their opinion in a respectful manner and then respecting others opinions.

And yet another flaw in your assessment of me is that I am talking about opinions. Fact: OS upgrades are getting better. The huge amount of trepidation of the past is no longer necessary.

lol