Track is "grayed" but not muted, no sound [SOLVED]

Dmitriy
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hmm I have tried Control M and it doesn't solve the issue. It's strange because when regions are muted theres a small dot on the top left, this region doesn't have that dot.

When it doesn't have the dot, it means all the midi notes inside the midi regions are muted.

Double click the region, and in the Piano roll select all and hit M to unmute.

• 5 years later...
It's strange because when regions are muted theres a small dot on the top left, this region doesn't have that dot.

I was looking at the wrong region.

Then maybe the track is off: control-click the track header and choose Track Header Components > Show On/Off.

You, my friend, are god. lool this is like the 5th troubleshooting post you have answered for me, can't thank you enough! xD

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I managed to make the problem go away—but not fix it—by quitting LPX and relaunching. Go figure. I think this is a bug.

Also, in case someone still needs it for future reference I have uploaded the attachment of how my LPX looked when it was giving me the problem (thanks to @JakobP for showing me how to attach).

========================================================

I know this is a very old thread but I hope someone still reads it.

I'm having the same problem. I was messing around (aka "learning") about live loops and somehow I managed to make all my regions grey and now nothing plays. Nothing is muted, All tracks are turned ON.

I'm pulling my hair out. haha. Someone, please tell me what's happening.

BTW: This is my first post here and I can't even figure out how to post an image. Clicking the "Insert Image" button above simply inserts two image tags. I must be really stupid today :D

2021-04-02_10-39-32.thumb.png.4fc277ec40b2d2563889275d771c39b6.png

Edited by Harvey Walls

• 1 year later...

This is a bug. I just had the same problem. (Went to track header components and the tracks are already 'on' - so that didn't work. ) Saved my song exactly as it was in that all greyed-out state, shut down logic, reloaded song and it was fine.

No it's not a bug. This happens when you activate Live Loops, switch this little pair of triangles so it points to the left image.png.dad9f030ac7c5c50f551d72431102c4a.png (Live Loops play, not the time-linear Tracks), then make Live Loops invisible again (they may still play, so Logic can not automatically activate the Tracks again at this point). Closing and reopening the song will automatically switch back to the Tracks to avoid confusion because of the invisible Live Loops.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:49 PM, polanoid said:

No it's not a bug. This happens when you activate Live Loops,

I just checked this and you are right polanoid - a big thankyou for that. I use a lot of key commands and do this quite quickly and think what I have been doing is accidentally turning on live loops , which greys out all my arrange page. Then its like... wtf? Cheers again! =] JK

• Like 2

• David Nahmani changed the title to Track is "grayed" but not muted, no sound [SOLVED]
  • 6 months later...

What if the track is only greyed out when on cycle and recording? Its only in my current project and only happened now...Im trying to record some more drums with my Akai MPK Mini 2. When I have a region cycled and press record, the whole track turns grey and I cant here myself playing, or the track. 

And important: it only happens with the midi drum track. not the guitars, etc. 

Edited by RomanWoz