Logic 10,3 is here.

Kim Olesen

mid 2011 imac.. the fonts.. of logic look terrible... kind of blury or.. I don't know how to describe it.. like WINDOWS XP.. sort of.. maybe a UPDATE and fix will Help our Eyes.. not every apple user has a 4k or 5k displays.. the rest is Great I like this update a lot.. wish More AU Updates.. but maybe for the next update.. Edited by zambra

By the way, to answer guavadude's question: you can narrow or widen the stereopanner by dragging up or down on the ring. No need to adjust both sides separately.

Mark

How are you specifically doing this? I tried everything and only one side moved at a time. It makes sense that you should be able to narrow the width evenly since basically they moved the Direction Mixer functionality to the fader. 

By the way, to answer guavadude's question: you can narrow or widen the stereopanner by dragging up or down on the ring. No need to adjust both sides separately.

Mark

How are you specifically doing this? I tried everything and only one side moved at a time. It makes sense that you should be able to narrow the width evenly since basically they moved the Direction Mixer functionality to the fader. 

Drag on the coloured *ring*, not the knob, or the left/right edges.

When you're in the hot zone, you'll see both ends highlight a little bit.

Drag on the coloured *ring*, not the knob, or the left/right edges.

When you're in the hot zone, you'll see both ends highlight a little bit.

d'oh! thanx...

Can anyone verify for me, if I backup the current version, by duplicating, then install 10.3, will I still be able to open songs in 10.2.4?

I'm really keen to upgrade, but I work with someone who won't be able to for some time as yet, and I need to be able to share work with them. If anyone has both on their system, could they do me a favour and check opening an older song in 10.2.4?

You have to rename your 10.2.4 copy to something like Logic 1024.app and drag it back to the Apps folder.

Both apps can coexist, but only the latest one is called Logic Pro X.app

Then you can right click on a project and Open with -> and select the version of Logic you want.

Awesome, so 10.2.4 will definitely still work alongside 10.3?

I've done this in the past, even when it's been less crucial, but I really need it to continue to work this time as I'm in the middle of something.

I am loving the update - but this is just awful:

Godawful%20Non-Retina%20Fuzziness....png

That decimal point (especially in overloads) is *non-existant* Anyone found a workaround?

I believe you can change the fonts if you tinkle around the app bundle

You have to rename your 10.2.4 copy to something like Logic 1024.app and drag it back to the Apps folder.

Both apps can coexist, but only the latest one is called Logic Pro X.app

Then you can right click on a project and Open with -> and select the version of Logic you want.

I've done this in the past, even when it's been less crucial, but I really need it to continue to work this time as I'm in the middle of something.

Yes

I am loving the update - but this is just awful:

Godawful%20Non-Retina%20Fuzziness....png

That decimal point (especially in overloads) is *non-existant* Anyone found a workaround?

I believe you can change the fonts if you tinkle around the app bundle

Yes

Great, thank you!

if i record a midi track then duplicate to a new alt track to edit into diff version and go back to original track, all midi has been deleted!!??

same thing happens if i copy the midi, make NEW alt track, paste midi and edit the midi. when i switch to the original alt track all midi is gone.

haven't tried w audio yet.

this is unreal, doesn't anyone try this stuff before release ha?

Nope.... They screwed up the MIDI recording... AGAIN.  Replace when in cycle does not work UNLESS you play something.. Which means, in cycle mode if you are working on a new section and there is stuff you want erase, for instance if in the old take you played on the first two beats, but you want to leave rests there and play on beat 3 etc... IT WILL NOT REPLACE (with nothing) the previously recorded information, even though you didn't hear it during the subsequent take.  Leaving you to clean up the unwanted notes left over from the unwanted take even though you're in replace mode.  

However, if you are not in cycle, and you are working with the same situation, IT WILL REPLACE the part of the measure that you are working in.  Seems very strange and quite frankly...for me, unusable.  So it's back to 10.2.4 for me. 

AM I MISSING SOMETHING... CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS ANNOYING BEHAVIOR?

They did fix MIDI punch in... but.. with this weird cycle situation, I won't be able to take advantage of this. 

if i record a midi track then duplicate to a new alt track to edit into diff version and go back to original track, all midi has been deleted!!??

same thing happens if i copy the midi, make NEW alt track, paste midi and edit the midi. when i switch to the original alt track all midi is gone.

are you talking about the new 'track alternative' function? works here. if you select 'show inactive', are you seeing both versions? i see each one, with the differences i've made... with that option, there's nothing to copy-paste, the midi IS copied... so, not sure what you're doing...

Well, it works as advertised here, no MIDI disappears... wonder what's different on your setup. 

Another issue I'm seeing... I never start my sequences on measure one. (I know this is somehow frowned upon, but i have my reasons)  With 10.2.4 I can drag/copy a region and it will go in the right place.  With 10.3.devilspawn the dragged copy will jump however many measures the piece is starting from other than measure #1.  WTF!!

Another issue I'm seeing... I never start my sequences on measure one. (I know this is somehow frowned upon, but i have my reasons)  With 10.2.4 I can drag/copy a region and it will go in the right place.  With 10.3.devilspawn the dragged copy will jump however many measures the piece is starting from other than measure #1.  WTF!!

Yup, Apple is already aware of that bug. My rule has been to always keep the project start at 1 1 1 1 for years, so that I never suffer any of those issues (which have been rampant ever since Logic allowed you to move the project start marker).