Logic 10,3 is here.

Kim Olesen

I am going to give that a shot. Thanks. Just weird because it didn't happen with the last version. 

Nothing weird. Things are compatible until one update breaks the compatibility, so it could be a LPX 10.3 / Amplitude incompatibility. 

Hey another quick question, I reached out to IK Multimedia on the issue, still waiting, but I did notice the version of Amplitube in the list of plug ins on Logic says 3.14 but I updated Amplitube to 3.15, I hit the reset & rescan selection button but it will not update to 3.15. Still says 3.14....how can I update it in Logic? I double checked Amplitube itself, it is 3.15. Thank you for all your help thus far.

Did not care for the updated interface at first but within a few minutes beginning to work in it was already used to it. Would like more choices in the colors palette. I miss being able to color my bass guitar track Black. Dunno why but I always used to do that, was a thing. Kinda helped to make a stark contrast in the middle between my Drums and Guitars tracks. Oh well, no biggie.

A couple things I've noticed - when I launch Logic Pro X 10.3, if I choose to open another existing project (not my last project I worked on), after I've navigated and selected the project I wanna open, the Finder window just stays open, no loading window (with progress bars) like I've had in 10.2.4 If I choose a project from within Logic after it's booted I get the expected behavior.

When I first open a project my mixer takes an extended time to show up. I keep the mixer open in my tracks window ('X' key). When the project opens, the tracks area shows up right away but I get a beachball and blank area where the mixer's supposed to be. On a fairly large progest it hangs this way for as much as 15 to 20 seconds before I can do any work. Can't playback or anything.

Has anyone run into either of these things? Here's a video of these two in action....

Yeah, once it's running it runs well. I'm able to run fairly large projects with a bunch of tracks and lots of plugins with my i/o at 32 samples with matt a glitch. Just that opening behavior is a bit annoying. Prior to this update I've been continually impressed with how quickly LPX was opening my projects.

How does one upgrade to El Capitan? The only option that I'm aware of  for a Yosemite user is to go straight to Sierra (which I don't know if I want to do).

this is the trap . You can't. Unless you already have downloaded it from the app store when capitan was the last OS.

You can ask a friend to make a bootable usb dongle with capitan , maybe ?

Google this problem. Knowed stuff.

Is anyone else struggling to get it to show up in the app store?

It's showing up on my laptop, but not studio mac pro. Both 10.11.6, same Apple account. 'Logic Pro X' is in the usual 'Applications' folder... strange.

It's in my purchases but doesn't show it as installed (i.e. it says 'Install' instead of 'Open').

I'm re-downloadng the full thing from there, hopefully that works....

Cheers,

Ed

I'm having a few issues with 'Selection Based Processing' with plugins not opening or hanging, usually when running Dual Mono (set to Mid/Side) instances of 3rd party plugins within the plugin chain. The Mid or Side version will become unresponsive. Can anyone confirm if this is happening?

Is anyone else struggling to get it to show up in the app store?

It's showing up on my laptop, but not studio mac pro. Both 10.11.6, same Apple account. 'Logic Pro X' is in the usual 'Applications' folder... strange.

It's in my purchases but doesn't show it as installed (i.e. it says 'Install' instead of 'Open').

I'm re-downloadng the full thing from there, hopefully that works....

Cheers,

Ed

Hi,

I did manage to get it working by downloading it from the 'Purchased' section of the App Store.

Make sure to still back up your old application though, it will delete it when it downloads the new one (so it CAN see another app called Logic Pro X). Anyway...

So, now I too can join the people who think the fonts look blurry and the GUI looks weird. I thought the old version looks great and very 'professional'. This looks way more 'toyish' to me.

Weird GUI I can get used to (although I rolled my eyes, reading to berate the moaners, assuming Apple always gets it right... until I downloaded it) - but the blurry font, I'm not so sure. 30" ACD over here, with no plans to upgrade as I love this monitor.

Cheers,

Ed

Edited by The Beatsmith

"Software instruments can now be directly used as Side Chain inputs" 

. . sounds like a great idea, but I can't seem to get it to work - the instrument shows up in the side chain drop-down menu (compressor plug-in, Threshold all the way in) but the needle's not moving at all. If I take the side chain instead from a send coming off the same instrument (old-style) it works just fine. Does anyone have this working?

the blurry font, I'm not so sure. 30" ACD over here - with no plans to upgrade as I love this monitor.

The blurry font is the first thing that struck me as well. Even the icons look wrong on my screen. Kinda looks like a cheap demo version whereas the old version was smooth and clean. I suppose we're expected to splurge for a Retina screen....

. . sounds like a great idea, but I can't seem to get it to work - the instrument shows up in the side chain drop-down menu (compressor plug-in, Threshold all the way in) but the needle's not moving at all. If I take the side chain instead from a send coming off the same instrument (old-style) it works just fine. Does anyone have this working?

It works as expected here. It's probably a level issue? Make sure the fader is set to 0 dB on your instrument channel? Or at the same level as the send?

the blurry font, I'm not so sure. 30" ACD over here - with no plans to upgrade as I love this monitor.

The blurry font is the first thing that struck me as well. Even the icons look wrong on my screen. Kinda looks like a cheap demo version whereas the old version was smooth and clean. I suppose we're expected to splurge for a Retina screen....

I agree that the icons look bad, too. I really liked the look of the old version, and like many I stare at it all day every day. I really think that it's a case of changing it just for the sake of changing it.

For whatever reason, I find the mixer area the most difficult to look at with regards to both the blurry text and the GUI in general.

I backed in 10.2.4, but the list of changes/bug fixes is good. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I'm not sure waiting for Apple to 'fix' this kind of thing would be a fruitful endeavour.

I've submitted a 'Bug Report' on the blurry text, if anyone else has the same issue, please do let them know: http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Cheers,

Ed

Edited by The Beatsmith

It works as expected here. It's probably a level issue? Make sure the fader is set to 0 dB on your instrument channel? Or at the same level as the send?

Hmm, i shall experiment further -- not a level issue - like I mentioned, I had the threshold slammed, and when I switched to a unity send off the instrument, it worked fine. thanks tho . . 

What sucks: the font! Not the one on top bar, but the normal text. It hurts my eyes. Prior to this update it looked great and legible (see images below). It just looks fuzzy. Horrible choice.

I thought it was just me. I have a retina monitor and I feel like I need glasses to read those damn fonts. I'm getting old, but damn, not that old!

Edited by pranaearth

I've read occasional posts that font swapping is possible through mucking around with resources or something along those lines. Perhaps this information could be isolated into its own forum post? I'm sure there are lots of people interested!

How does one upgrade to El Capitan? The only option that I'm aware of  for a Yosemite user is to go straight to Sierra (which I don't know if I want to do).

this is the trap . You can't. Unless you already have downloaded it from the app store when capitan was the last OS.

You can ask a friend to make a bootable usb dongle with capitan , maybe ?

Google this problem. Knowed stuff.

Actually you can, I did it yesterday. There's a download of a 10.11.6 combo update for people on machines that can't run Sierra, here's the link:

El Capitan app store download

Since updating to LPX v.10.3, Logic Remote refuses to connect (even though I installed its latest version (v.1.3.1).

I followed the procedure explained to delete the Logic Remote in the Controller Setup window and trashing the "logic.cs pref" file and rebooted, but to no avail. The Logic Remote Controller does not reinstall in the Setup window.

I tried reinstalling manually the Logic Remote controller in the Setup window, but it does not work either. There is an exclamation mark at the top right corner of the Logic Remote's icon in the Setup window.

Anyone experiencing that problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What sucks: the font! Not the one on top bar, but the normal text. It hurts my eyes. Prior to this update it looked great and legible (see images below). It just looks fuzzy. Horrible choice.

I thought it was just me. I have a retina monitor and I feel like I need glasses to read those damn fonts. I'm getting old, but damn, not that old!

Nah, I saw some other people complaining about it. My question in these cases is always: who the f*** in these companies make these stupid decisions and can't judge that the older font looks better? It's not a hard thing to see...

I was having the same problem today. The compressor settings were all pushed to their limit (low threshold, super high ratio) just to test it. The needle wouldn't move.

Then I found out something that it looks weird to me. On the destination track (where the compressor with the side chain is), if no Software Instrument is loaded, the compressor's needle doesn't move. If you load a Software Instrument, it starts working. Not sure if it worked this way before, but it doesn't seem to make any sense, since the compressor is the plugin that's receiving the signal from the side-chain...

man.. it's a OK update.. I don't like the Idea of Changing the fonts and Icons and Colors every 1 or 2 years.. to be honest I like things STEADY. SOLID. new features are OK.. no Plug-ins Updates.. .. EXS24 Update? Polyphonic Pitch Editing Update.. ? guess not 'cos if a Single one makes so many strange noises.. better wait for Monophonic Pitch at least Act like (Waves Tune LT) .. no strange artifacts... and it is a single AU....Multi compressor update ?

AU Search option with Keyboard ? Mixer Window in Full Screen ? what else ? well... just Try Studio One and you will see What logic needs.. jeje. true.

But I have all my songs in Logic pro.. so I really like it.. but.. they don't take BIG steps .. very slow.. steps.. slow fixes..

Stack Folder Midi Plugin ? ... Track ALteratives "BUT" in Channel Strip Settings TOO ¡¡¡ mmhh  ... Modulator Midi Plug-in (Target Mode( but in AUdio Tracks.. wow.. That's a MUST.. and with a option with (detect audio input signal) to .. move any AU AUdio Track Parameter in Real Time... ¡ :D

on my Retina Display everything looks Awful.. fonts.. icons.. etc... It Really Looks BAD.. like windows from 1998 ... does apple thing We are all Rich and Buy imacs every Year? mmmhhh... Steve Jobs.. please Come Back .. ¡ and put things in Order.

why not a Option to change the color of Channel Strip Setting too ? mm..

and a Basic BUG that has lived since the start of Pro X "Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]" damn.. can't believe they Don't hear US.. at all..

they even send me mails with the proyect etc etc.. send them to them 3 Times.. no Reply at All always.. and that BUG.. still there.. anyways..

as Always.. 50% ok 50% a bad update.. why it can't be 90% an Amazing Update?  mm..

Edited by zambra