Logic 10,3 is here.

Kim Olesen

I know there are already many views on this update (no pun intended).   For me, this update has been amazing. It just feels so much better overall and also seems to be working a lot better with Eucon too (AVID S3 and AVID Transport & Control). 

At first I was a little disturbed by the change in the GUI / interface, but after a few hours, it was really great.  Not sure why, but it just seems easier on the eye overall (Dell 30" 2560*1600 and a couple of 1920*1080's running off a nMpro2013).

everything just seems snappier than before....

Also, happy to have that extra row of Colours in the palette. :-)

I really like the new colors and fonts. Not at all blurry here. Maybe it's my 50 year old eyes and everything I see is a bit blurred

I like it too... It's kinda like it's all flat again, as opposed to looking through glass. I get why they did it before, but it always felt like it was using system resources, which could've been used for our beloved sound/s

How does one upgrade to El Capitan? The only option that I'm aware of  for a Yosemite user is to go straight to Sierra (which I don't know if I want to do).

A link to El Capitan at The App Store is on the page linked below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

Since I struggled months ago to upgrade to El Capitan from Yosemite AND the last OS was already Sierra, I tried all theses things.

If I recall, this link is for the Mac that does not support Sierra, and the App store see your Mac. Meaning that is your machine support Sierra , App store will not permit to install Capitan. Other links are un update to the last Capitan ( 10.11.6 ) provided that this OS is already installed .

Fortunately for me, a friend of mine who is a developper, gave me a link to is own server, where is saved all the different OS X . 

...and the enivironment mixer is still so last decade!

121933443_pic2017-01-20at12_52_29.PNG.45e64f1faa817dd0f7a5948328fa9c69.PNG

But they may leave the faders as they are. They probably found that those generic pespex cheapo looking things just went too far. They already look so out of place and clunky on the default track headers, yuk! It is the first thing I change when starting any new project.

1205530282_pic2017-01-20at12_52_10.PNG.e632a996d87a54f1b5edc95c6067bcc1.PNG

...and the enivironment mixer is still so last decade!

But they may leave the faders as they are. They probably found that those generic pespex cheapo looking things just went too far. They already look so out of place and clunky on the default track headers, yuk! It is the first thing I change when starting any new project.

I wonder how many people would cry if they decided to make the mixer faders look like the faders in the Environment? Just a rectangle with a level value on it. I honestly wouldn't mind that... at least it's flat! I'm kind of obsessed with the flat look now. I want everything to look flat. Compressor? Yes, you become flat too. 

hmm. seems when i open my main template, and large projects, am also getting a beachball for the first 3 or 4 actions (so, for example, before a plugin opens, or clicking on a track)... then, after that, everything seems to work...

not sure this happens every time yet, need more time with 10.3...

Same here.

I'll try to reset prefs, review AU plugins and even macOS reinstallation.

hmm. seems when i open my main template, and large projects, am also getting a beachball for the first 3 or 4 actions (so, for example, before a plugin opens, or clicking on a track)... then, after that, everything seems to work...

not sure this happens every time yet, need more time with 10.3...

Same here.

I'll try to reset prefs, review AU plugins and even macOS reinstallation.

i doubt an OS reinstall will matter, since some of us have this problem and are not all on the same OS. i may try a new template (my main template has been refined over 3 years... am not anxious to start over), but want to see if a 10.3-created template works better (since all my projects were started before 10.3...)

I'm having trouble conceptualizing in my own brain a new feature, even after just watching a video on it, and I'm hoping someone can help.  I really can't see what the big difference is between Track Alternatives and Take Folders.  I can certainly see the UI differences, but I can't see much of a difference in concept or usage scenarios.  One quick example: in the video I watched, they showed an example of moving a piece of a region from a track alternative up to the main region as if to say "wow look at this!"  But to me, quick-swipe comping within Take Folders is 3x as fast and less cumbersome than what I saw!

If anyone is willing to try and quickly educate me, I'd be greatly appreciative!

selection-based processing.. without undo ??? I mean without destroying the original file.. ? ..

mmm.. apple apple.. Always doing things  "Half The Way" .. they give one option but they don't give you the Logic one.. undo. ¡ mm.... The Team from Apple that works on Logic Pro X

Really Needs an Update....  just learn from Steinberg team.. or .... Studio One.. .. a lot of things to be done.. on logic pro x.. very very slow steps.. 2017.

It works as expected here. It's probably a level issue? Make sure the fader is set to 0 dB on your instrument channel? Or at the same level as the send?

I was having the same problem today. The compressor settings were all pushed to their limit (low threshold, super high ratio) just to test it. The needle wouldn't move.

Then I found out something that it looks weird to me. On the destination track (where the compressor with the side chain is), if no Software Instrument is loaded, the compressor's needle doesn't move. If you load a Software Instrument, it starts working. Not sure if it worked this way before, but it doesn't seem to make any sense, since the compressor is the plugin that's receiving the signal from the side-chain...

Hi iam,

It's actually a little weirder than that even. I tried your suggestion, loaded the same compressor settings on to an instrument track, and it still didn't work, until I pressed play, at which point it kicked into action. However, if you put the compressor onto an audio track, no joy, playing or stopped. I'll work up a bug report . .