Logic 10.4.3 Update

logic8mine

Did not have time to check/test them but WOW!

So many bug fixes, and big ones!

I have a hard time to believe it came so fast!

A real Christmas gift from Apple! Big, big thanx!

So eager to make it to the studio... :o

No one can ever complain anymore that Apple does not care about fixing Logic or not listening to userbase's complaints or feedback! :wink:

Edited by Atlas007

I am still running version 10.0.6 and would like to totally upgrade to 10.4.3.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of system requirements please? I am still using El Capitan, 8GB memory. I think I may need to install the newest OS as well, correct?

Thanks everyone.

Logic Pro no longer shows an “Illegal Regions” error when opening certain projects.

Hopefully, fixed!

It is no longer necessary to hit play after loading a project that uses instances of ARA plug-ins to insure the data and edits are saved.

8-)

Fader objects in the Environment again show numerical values as black text on a white background when the object is deflected and Cable view is on.

Thankfully!

When I install the new 10.4.3 version, will it automatically transfer all of my recordings and files to the new program, or will I have to do it by import/export?

There's nothing to transfer. You're installing a new program that references, opens, edits and saves the same files as the old program.

I'm a bit daft sometimes so my apologies in advanced but I always wondered if when updating does Apple delete the app in the Applications folder first then installs a whole new version of the app or does it up grade the present version to the new version?

I noticed that many (Logic's native's/ custom user's / 3rd party plugin's) presets sound noticeably different from how they did in LPX 10.4.2. Somewhat like differently EQed. Some presets are also louder, which is confirmed by their channelstrip volume meters turning red while they weren't before...

Anybody else experiencing that?

I noticed that many (Logic's native's/ custom user's / 3rd party plugin's) presets sound noticeably different from how they did in LPX 10.4.2. Somewhat like differently EQed. Some presets are also louder, which is confirmed by their channelstrip volume meters turning red while they weren't before...

I think you may be correct Atlas. I just opened a project I finished last year and theres a track that peaks at plus 3.1 and I would have never mixed it that way.

Screen shots of with and without EQ:

818092244_ScreenShot2018-12-07at1_32_12AM.png.5479baa8e23d8dc02a830f7d57176aba.png

1912818289_ScreenShot2018-12-07at1_32_23AM.png.0a8c417f81f02d703dacd659cfd60461.png

I've just done a twofold null test: opened my most recent project in 10.4.2, froze all tracks,

1105592502_pic2018-12-07at12_57_50.png.86c1fdfb39a1406328f7ed79012b660f.png

bounced (to 24/44.1 AIFF and to 256 kbps MP3), saved, opened the same project in 10.4.3, bounced (again 24/44.1 and 256 kbps MP3), closed, created a null test project, imported the bounces; the MP3's did not completely null , "fragments" of hihat peeped through and there was a constant and consistent very soft digital 'garble' audible - I think all those artefacts are from the inpredictability of the MP3 comnpression algorythm (don't know enough about the inner working of that algo to really say something definitive about that - it could be that the algo has been altered from 4.2 to 4.3)

However, the two AIFF bounces nulled into perfect silence. So my conclusion would be that there is no "fault" in the audio engine in 10.4.3. And since plug-in presets are not replaced when updating Logic (and neither is the preference file, which stores the pan law setting), my conclusion is that the reported issue is most likely some sort of pilot error - the program does not appear to be at fault here.

690435709_pic2018-12-07at12_55_28.thumb.png.8c16e5d82d9f9fbd14c0f4175295c69f.png

Wow, this could be a big problem. I already see one confirmation in this thread, anyone else? I think I'll hold off updating until this is more clear.