New Audio Engine Request Logic Pro X

stpro

Logic doesn't have any midi timing problems. Please describe the exact thing you are attempting to do that is resulting the phasing sound...exact steps and configuration. Most likely you had some plugin latency giving you grief...

You can’t hear it it. It isn’t audible. Not here to argue or go back and forth. I’m here to +1 the thread. That would be stupid to make a claim like that with a proprietary or third party plugin on the Channel strip while comparing different daws wouldn’t it..? So no I certainly likely did not. Every system we tested on logic midi behaves the same. There’s nothing wrong with if you’re happy with that sound

Logic doesn't have any midi timing problems. Please describe the exact thing you are attempting to do that is resulting the phasing sound...exact steps and configuration. Most likely you had some plugin latency giving you grief...

You can’t hear it it. It isn’t audible, unless you have a layer. But alone drums out of logic sampler is not as tight and precise as other daws. Not here to argue or go back and forth because for me it’s a fact. I’m here to +1 the thread. That would be stupid to make a claim like that with a proprietary or third party plugin on the Channel strip while comparing different daws wouldn’t it..? So no I certainly likely did not. Every system we tested on logic midi behaves the same. There’s nothing wrong with if you’re happy with that sound

Please tell us how to recreate your claim then. I do not see it as a correct claim.

Since you care so much about disproving something that doesn’t affect you, why don’t you make a video of a simple drum pattern. Have it on full velocity, make sure they are the same volume on each. now layer a sample on top of the first sample as an loop 8 bars. Logic will be the only one phasing out only on some hits, not all. Like I said, I’m here to +1

is that your answer? You have not answered the question, please tell us EXACTLY how you setup your logic project and detected what you perceive to be midi timing problems.

I don’t have to answer any of your questions. I don’t really care about it. I’ve given up on it 10 years ago. Since you care so much, show us how you disproved it. This topic is so tiring... it’s always the people who make the most flat sounding music always get triggered by these claims with logic

Edited by Crysler

and believe me, if you can show me that LPX has an actual midi timing problem I would like to know that too! I will be first in line to report bugs to Apple and all the rest. I'm not here to prove you wrong, but if you make a claim like that..please support it with data.

Of course you made the assumption my claim is incorrect and you didn’t even test it for yourself smh

I just told you exactly how to get it. Download ableton, pro tools, studio one, and FL and do exactly what I just told you and all will be answered.

If you can pilot error an 8 bar loop in a daw, then that’s a daw I def don’t want to be using lol. Ableton and FL studio kept the phase of 2-3 samples stacked doing a pattern on midi. Logic (9 and 10) did not. It’s that simple. There’s no secret magic trick, no huge conspiracy. I’m not gonna do the work for you. Im just here to agree with the thread

Edited by Crysler

You stated there are midi timing problems and I do not experience any midi timing problems nor have I heard anyone else complain about midi timing problems. On the other hand there have been myriad of ways for people to get in trouble with PDC and other things that can cause non-sample-accurate rendering of certain things. Logic is a very flexible program and there are ways to work that can result in these timing problems...there are countless threads along those lines, but usually solvable by working in a different way. AUX channels, for example, are considered like live audio..if your test involved sending the audio through an AUX then that would be interesting to try and find out...that would not be a midi timing problem though, it would be something about using AUX channels...and you very well may be right that other daws handle AUX channels better...but still...it doesn't mean Logic has a midi timing problem.

You stated there are midi timing problems and I do not experience any midi timing problems nor have I heard anyone else complain about midi timing problems. On the other hand there have been myriad of ways for people to get in trouble with PDC and other things that can cause non-sample-accurate rendering of certain things. Logic is a very flexible program and there are ways to work that can result in these timing problems...there are countless threads along those lines, but usually solvable by working in a different way. AUX channels, for example, are considered like live audio..if your test involved sending the audio through an AUX then that would be interesting to try and find out...that would not be a midi timing problem though, it would be something about using AUX channels...and you very well may be right that other daws handle AUX channels better...but still...it doesn't mean Logic has a midi timing problem.

Bro. Forget about auxes for now. Grab exs24, alchemy, ultrabeat, or even battery. Program a pattern. Duplicate the instrument track now put another sound on that midi pattern. Now you have a stack. You can make it as complicated as you want just as long as you do the exact same in the other daws you’re comparing. No fx, no aux. I told you it wasn’t audible, so there’s no way of noticing if you have zero sauce.

It’s only audible during stacks because you can hear the woofing, and hollowness in some places. It’s completely random. Like I said i tend to carve out a lot when using logic like that. When I realize I’m doing so I switch daws or replicate the original sample into audio and copy my midi pattern with that duplicate

Edited by Crysler

In logic there is something called a track stack, which DOES send the audio through an AUX. If that's what you're talking about, then we are talking about an AUX.

Stack is a term logic used to name a feature. The word “stack” has been around long before that feature. A stack means you make a sound and then you make another sound right on top of the last one creating a stack like pancakes, minus an aux. they should all be going to the master channel... I guess that could be called and aux

For now I just want you to show me how I can replicate and experience the LogicPro problem you are describing.

wow, you really aren’t in any position to be refuting any claims in here. Simply do what I wrote, use google if you want some terms clarified (although I didn’t say anything crazy).

K, I tried to make a pattern on an instrument track sent to battery kit. I copied this track to another instrument track and copied the same pattern to that track. I do not hear any anomalies, sounds tight and perfect. I tried to bounce them down and they look to be bounced to exactly the same place, I'm in the process of doing a null test. I don't see any problem. Sorry crysler.

K, I tried to make a pattern on an instrument track sent to battery kit. I copied this track to another instrument track and copied the same pattern to that track. I do not hear any anomalies, sounds tight and perfect. I tried to bounce them down and they look to be bounced to exactly the same place, I'm in the process of doing a null test. I don't see any problem. Sorry crysler.

Don’t apologize. We’ve done it here a million times, and it’s enough that we don’t use drum samplers in logic anymore. If it’s working for you best. You should be happy

nothing wrong with a null test. That tells me the software is fine. What users do with it is another story. best.

There’s really not much you can do wrong with a drum sampler that routes directly to the master bus. A moment ago you didn’t know what a stack was. Now you’re talking about pilot error. Hilarious.

I’ll post it up online, but I really don’t care to. Even if it was up online Apple won’t change it. Logic is 199$ So it doesn’t make sense. I would only be satisfying geeks who null... I need to have serious free time for that

if you just came here to rant about Apple and Logic then I guess we're done. If you would like to try to figure out why you have been experiencing this stuff and maybe figure out the issue and maybe even get Logic to work right for you, then that's something else and i'd be happy to entertain the process together with you., but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll just let it go.

if you just came here to rant about Apple and Logic then I guess we're done. If you would like to try to figure out why you have been experiencing this stuff and maybe figure out the issue and maybe even get Logic to work right for you, then that's something else and i'd be happy to entertain the process together with you., but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll just let it go.

Just judging by our little convo, you are in no position to be helping pros. Secondly, I came in here to agree with the O.P. and leave my experience as a paying Apple user. I come in here from time to time to ask for help on small complex issues here and there and share some bugs. I’ve been doing so since 2005. I could probably teach you a thing or two and a couple crazy secrets in logic. I’ll start by telling you that there is no way to fix This problem in logic. That’s just the way it is. So thanks for your offer but it’s not needed.

I know you’re gonna have a null tantrum but Some major productions from logic are online unmixed. Bounced straight out of logic. I know the producers. We can hear that muddy logic low end on all of them. Sometimes it’s great for a specific sound, most times it’s annoying. If I don’t want that sound I just drag the audio and create the bass line in another daw if it’s triggering at the same time as a kick drum

Edited by Crysler

I'm happy for you, but still your claim about midi timing is not correct. If you can share with us a project exhibiting that problem I would be happy to take a look. you really have no idea about me any more than I have about you. You have made a series of insults towards me in the past hour for what reason I have no idea, I guess because you don't like being challenged but you have no basis to state what I know or don't know. I humored you to make a test on my system and found no problem, including even doing a null test to verify it. Your claims are completely unfounded. Time for me to go to bed now... have a nice evening.