Logic Pro X 10.4.8 is out

ted_manzie

I wonder if they’ve fixed the transform function on screen sets?

No they haven't. I can't believe something that worked so well in 10.4.4. is broken and despite submission of at least two formal "development" reports to the development team its still broken.

So back to 10.4.4 for me - oh well...........

But presumably you can’t get midi transform to work in piano roll screen sets?

when u use screensets that way, how do you get the piano roll to recognizea region or track? just curious how you're using it...

but no, midi transform still not fixed in this situation (i never use screensets that way, so not an issue here); but i get that it's frustrating. otherwise, 10.4.8 is just like 10.4.7... only the catalina bug apple mentions (which i've never experienced) is fixed.

When I’m recording piano, I record the midi first, on man window I select the recorded midi,hit my piano roll screen set so I have the full screen able to tweak and occasionally apply a midi transform set, flicking back to main arrange page as I need. This workflow for me works well and avoids having a half screen edit window.

When I’m recording piano, I record the midi first, on man window I select the recorded midi,hit my piano roll screen set so I have the full screen able to tweak and occasionally apply a midi transform set, flicking back to main arrange page as I need. This workflow for me works well and avoids having a half screen edit window.

seems reasonable. and i'd be annoyed too, if this were my workflow, and that 'midi transform' bug wasn't fixed...

Wild guess: ever tried using Mission Control instead?

Well I have bitten the bullet and Catalina’d and upped to Logic 10.4.8, as a hobbyist I can take the risk. Catalina seems fine. A couple of hours on Logic 10.4.8 and it seemed to be getting a pitch warble in MIDI!

I think I may be back to Mojave and 10.4.7 if they continue.

I see I need to update my sig - :x

Well I have bitten the bullet and Catalina’d and upped to Logic 10.4.8, as a hobbyist I can take the risk. Catalina seems fine. A couple of hours on Logic 10.4.8 and it seemed to be getting a pitch warble in MIDI!

I think I may be back to Mojave and 10.4.7 if they continue.

I see I need to update my sig - :x

what's a 'pitch warble in midi'? perhaps worth sorting out, before you revert.

both my macs are on catalina, and currently... everything's fine. my imac, with logic, is happy, and am getting my work done done.

there are always glitches, issues. no OS, or software, is perfect, all the time, for everyone. anyway, that issue may be fixable, so let us know details...

both my macs are on catalina, and currently... everything's fine. my imac, with logic, is happy, and am getting my work done done.

there are always glitches, issues. no OS, or software, is perfect, all the time, for everyone. anyway, that issue may be fixable, so let us know details...

I was entering repetitive notes via the piano roll and score editor, so only the MOTU MIDI and RME UFX were on apart from the computer - playback had the notes varying in pitch irregularly. IN. Light of Glen’s suggestion I’ll look at the event list later today to see if anything shows in it - but if there is then it would seem that the source is either Logic itself or the MOTU both of which seem unlikely. Perhaps it was a demon in the machine :-)

I'm getting a weird waveform redraw issue when dragging the edge of an audio region. It's redrawing but expanding so it looks like I'm time stretching or holding the option and dragging. But it's not changing the audio, it just looks like time stretching, and the front of the waveform is moving so I can't see where to make the edit, since it's moving!

I recorded a screen grab but not sure if I can post this, getting an error trying to upload a .mov

Wow, this is terrible. Waveforms are expanding and changing size all over the place. If this is a new "Waveforms on Acid" feature I'm not a fan. I'll see if it's just this session but

if not I'm rolling back to 10.4.7 or 10.4.4.

yes the waveform itself is moving, stretching until it gets to a certain point, then it stretches back. Happens on more than one region. What's even weirder is if I have two tracks selected, only the top region get stretched and the lower one works as normal.

I just tried another session and not seeing the issue but it's a deal breaker if it occurs again.

and yes, tried reboot and also just restarts of Logic.

yes the waveform itself is moving, stretching until it gets to a certain point, then it stretches back. Happens on more than one region. What's even weirder is if I have two tracks selected, only the top region get stretched and the lower one works as normal.

I just tried another session and not seeing the issue but it's a deal breaker if it occurs again.

and yes, tried reboot and also just restarts of Logic.

if it only happens on that one project, it's project-related. at this point, i would check a few other projects as well. you may need to start a separate thread about this; think we're hijacking this one...

Not that i want to start rumors but in the past there’s been small updates prior to a major new versions so that people who can’t go there have the best possible working version they can use...

Blink

I think that you are right, unless some major Catalina OSX's related bug plaguing Logic hindering new Mac customer...

I was entering repetitive notes via the piano roll and score editor, so only the MOTU MIDI and RME UFX were on apart from the computer - playback had the notes varying in pitch irregularly. IN. Light of Glen’s suggestion I’ll look at the event list later today to see if anything shows in it - but if there is then it would seem that the source is either Logic itself or the MOTU both of which seem unlikely. Perhaps it was a demon in the machine :-)

Mooloolaba? Never heard of this place so I checked it on Google... Damn, I wouldn’t mind some warble in my MIDI in exchange to living there!! It’s -15 celcius here from where I write this.

Blink

Mooloolaba? Never heard of this place so I checked it on Google... Damn, I wouldn’t mind some warble in my MIDI in exchange to living there!! It’s -15 celcius here from where I write this.

Blink

I take it you checked the occupations in my profile too? 8-) [absent one that looks more like a smug bastard]

And for David I would have thought that Mac OS Mooloolaba would have to follow MacOS’s Woollooloomoo, Woy Woy and Wagga Wagga at least.

Blink

I take it you checked the occupations in my profile too? 8-) [absent one that looks more like a smug bastard]

Nope, was jealous enough like that :evil: :)

Blink