Logic Pro X 10.4.8 is out

ted_manzie

I have a suspicion that 10.4.8 is as far as I can go. I expect 10.5 to not be compatible with High Sierra. :(

may be true, or may... not be. why panic now? wait for 10.5, and consider your options then... (if that's necessary)...

Panics a pretty strong word. I'm pretty sure I'm not panicking. Let me check....nope not panicking! :wink:

may be true, or may... not be. why panic now? wait for 10.5, and consider your options then... (if that's necessary)...

Panics a pretty strong word. I'm pretty sure I'm not panicking. Let me check....nope not panicking! :wink:

ha, yes, panic is too strong a word. just a string of posts of people... concerned about whether they'll be able to run 10.5; just suggesting we wait till we get there... 8-)

I have a suspicion that 10.4.8 is as far as I can go. I expect 10.5 to not be compatible with High Sierra. :(

Me, too. I hope they don't add some killer feature that would make me spend $1500 or more just to be able to use it.

That is definitely going to happen. ifnot at the coming version (10.5), another one for sure. That is Apple's business plan, and pretty much (more or less) the entire computer industry's one as well. Keep providing more enticing new features that require more CPU power...

Hi All, I'm new here. I just went from an Early 2009 24" iMac (el Capitan) to a Late 2015 21.5-inch iMac running Mojave, and just updated to Logic 10.4.8. Recorded my first project with it last night, and so far everything worked just fine. The only problems I ever had with Logic was running it on old hardware... so a few projects over taxed the machine. I don't use much MIDI... but I multitrack myself and use the built in drummer, and then take the files to my singer's house and track her vocals on her MacBook Pro.

I switched a couple of years back from Cubase 8.5 since my singer was using Logic. I was using Cubase since about 1997!

Hi All, I'm new here. I just went from an Early 2009 24" iMac (el Capitan) to a Late 2015 21.5-inch iMac running Mojave, and just updated to Logic 10.4.8. Recorded my first project with it last night, and so far everything worked just fine. The only problems I ever had with Logic was running it on old hardware... so a few projects over taxed the machine. I don't use much MIDI... but I multitrack myself and use the built in drummer, and then take the files to my singer's house and track her vocals on her MacBook Pro.

I switched a couple of years back from Cubase 8.5 since my singer was using Logic. I was using Cubase since about 1997!

welcome to logic, and to the forum! this is my fave forum, people are good, smart... helpful... amazing, all things considered... :mrgreen:

10.4.5-6-7 have all been crashing on me like mad. In, like, seconds. While, say, clicking on stuff. Meanwhile - 10.4.4 - stable. Rock solid.

Same, tried them all and will try 10.4.8 but I bet I’m back on 10.4.4 after 10 mins.

You should then look at the changelog for the release just after 10.4.4 and try to see what chnage might be interacting with something on your system to narrow it down.

Same, tried them all and will try 10.4.8 but I bet I’m back on 10.4.4 after 10 mins.

You should then look at the changelog for the release just after 10.4.4 and try to see what chnage might be interacting with something on your system to narrow it down.

That's a very smart idea. However, the changelogs usually list pages of "Fixed a problem that affected users which had Logic and Excel open at the same time while conferencing over Skype in parallel to a Facetime call.", or "Logic no longer unexpectedly quits when hitting quantize at positions over 23:00:00:00 when actually it was 10.30 in the evening and both 120bpm and 240bpm were active." or "We made Logic ready for the yet to be released MacPro" (Whatever that means). That kind of stuff. They don't list "Changed something we weren't 100% sure how it actually worked so it now can cause a crash by just clicking on any visible object."

Hey welcome to this place populated with a wide range of strange people! Surely you will find ifnot help to your eventual issues, at least some entertaining contribution and important advertisement such as this one:image.thumb.jpeg.fbe8119d3129da9a751f050686b4499b.jpeg

• 3 months later...
I'm getting a weird waveform redraw issue when dragging the edge of an audio region. It's redrawing but expanding so it looks like I'm time stretching or holding the option and dragging. But it's not changing the audio, it just looks like time stretching, and the front of the waveform is moving so I can't see where to make the edit, since it's moving!

I recorded a screen grab but not sure if I can post this, getting an error trying to upload a .mov

Wow, this is terrible. Waveforms are expanding and changing size all over the place. If this is a new "Waveforms on Acid" feature I'm not a fan. I'll see if it's just this session but

if not I'm rolling back to 10.4.7 or 10.4.4.

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. When moving a region it's acting as if you're time stretching the wave (like flex) rather than just nudging a region over. If you show flex view you can see that when dragging the region (not the flex marker) the wave turns white and is stretched. I'm thinking it has something to do with flex or adhering to the tempo. I'm just trying to line up some percussion hits and it's stretching them as I move the region. Pretty annoying.

I have a screen recording of how it's happening but can't figure out how to post it here. Here's some screen shots instead:

778413926_ScreenShot2020-03-19at1_01_13PM.thumb.png.6e5dac9b7e488321b0444bc2dd96d421.png

808604564_ScreenShot2020-03-19at1_01_29PM.thumb.png.ab0041489b3552e63482ac6a6156f64f.png

598690853_ScreenShot2020-03-19at1_01_50PM.thumb.png.44138a37f6bc8054bf7d45188f10f189.png

1744044428_ScreenShot2020-03-19at1_02_07PM.thumb.png.4d0a49941f5520861a580d06c3dd949b.png