Logic 10.7.2 is out!

Glenn L.

I was interested in seeing if I could drag a cst file complete with instrument and MIDI/audio effects from the finder.

Then if that worked, I was going to see if I could add the cst folder as a favourite in the Logic browser, so I could drag and drop instrument presets into a project - similar to the way Studio One works.

I currently use patches too but was interested in the drag and drop approach as I like that workflow in Studio One.

You can do this with Patches to the arrange window and it will create a new track. At least the last time I tried this it worked. From the finder to the Logic Arrange.

I was interested in seeing if I could drag a cst file complete with instrument and MIDI/audio effects from the finder.

Then if that worked, I was going to see if I could add the cst folder as a favourite in the Logic browser, so I could drag and drop instrument presets into a project - similar to the way Studio One works.

I currently use patches too but was interested in the drag and drop approach as I like that workflow in Studio One.

You can do this with Patches to the arrange window and it will create a new track. At least the last time I tried this it worked. From the finder to the Logic Arrange.

Thanks. I've just bought a new M1 Max laptop and it seems to work on that, so it must be machine dependent.

Hopefully they'll make it possible to drag and drop from the files browser in future updates, that would be support handy. The library browser is fine, but I don't like the way it loads patches as soon as they're clicked on.

Thanks. I've just bought a new M1 Max laptop and it seems to work on that, so it must be machine dependent.

Hopefully they'll make it possible to drag and drop from the files browser in future updates, that would be support handy. The library browser is fine, but I don't like the way it loads patches as soon as they're clicked on.

What's your take on Logic so far, coming from Studio One? I'm currently moving the other direction - not very pleased with Apple killing off Catalina in the latest updates for Logic and have been giving Studio One a pretty serious look. Loving Macros, Scenes, view filters, and search in S1.

What's your take on Logic so far, coming from Studio One? I'm currently moving the other direction - not very pleased with Apple killing off Catalina in the latest updates for Logic and have been giving Studio One a pretty serious look. Loving Macros, Scenes, view filters, and search in S1.

I've been using Logic all the time I've been using Studio One. I love the drag and drop workflow, but over the last year or so I've found myself drifting back towards Logic full time. Getting an M1 has solidified that. I couldn't really tell you why!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have a backed up version of 10.7.1 that they'd be willing to share? I made the mistake of upgrading to 10.7.2 without backing up the app, and it loads projects SO slowly!! Thanks in advance!!

perhaps we can help get 10.7.2 working (altho you really should start a separate thread for this). what mac, what OS? you could try booting into safe mode... see if that helps. or rese nvram (if you're on an intel mac), or... delete logic's preferences file.

just some ideas off the top of my head. 10.7.2 shouldn't perform so differently from 10.7.1, so worth troubleshooting (and prepares you for 10.7.3, and so on...)

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, and even did a long session with Apple support but unfortunately the issue lies just with the version. 10.7.0 had extremely slow loading times with 3rd party plugins (particularly Slate), which they fixed in 10.7.1 but then it broke again in 10.7.2. Many other people online have mentioned the same issue.

• 3 months later...