the site, new look, etc

fisherking

forum looks good! don't think it retained where i left off (in terms of threads read, etc), but... it's a clean, 'logical' new look. david, thanks for this!

EDIT: and still in progress, i guess. some threads missing their content, and "?" icons over our avatars. looking forward to it all getting sorted out...

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 1

Indeed! Quite exciting refresh! David has been working hard..!

Shall we use this thread as a snagging list for issues we come across? I'm sure many the PTB are aware of, but if it's useful to build a list to check off, happy to do so...

Edited by des99
Grammar, innit?

Thanks! Unfortunately some things may be slightly off. And we've lost the more recent posts (around 24 hours worth) in the migration (I will not be able to retrieve those).

I'm working to try to resolve as many of these issues as possible!

Let's list things that are missing or may have gone wrong during the migration in this thread, yes! 

• Love 1

The edit window on posts seems super short - I was editing the above one for about a minute and it said I could no longer save the post...

(Hence this second one - it was a work of art - see below!)

--

BB code seems to not be rendered at the moment (so the old formatting, quotes etc) are all a bit messy...

(The new WYSIWYG editor renders formatting correctly. 😎)

(The new forum is super snazzy! We like...)

Edited by des99

3 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I have only 2 posts! 😅

Obviously the upgrade software made some qualitative decisions on what posts to convert, and what wasn't worth the processing time to keep... ;)

The user "Ranking" images on the avatars are broken here. If we could customise these, would be nice to have some Logic/music themed ones, at some point (not exactly a critical issue at this time, of course! :) )

Edited by des99

I'm finding selective quoting really hard to do with this new posting interface. When you quote a post, it inserts the whole post as an item, and previously, you could just edit to quote just a few lines, make a reply to that, quote a few more lines, reply to that etc.

It seems to do this now you have to quote the whole post, remove all but the lines you want to quote, write a reply, then quote the whole post again, delete down to the next few lines, reply, quote the whole post again etc...

It could be me just missing some obvious stuff, of course...

8 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

select the text you want to quote

Ah thanks - I had tried something similar but hadn't triggered the selective quote popup, whatever I was doing. Tried again and it works as you say - thanks!

Is it possible to get a thumb up reaction on posts - a heart has a slightly different connotation ("I love this!") versus a thumb up ("I agree", or "Nice!") etc...

Yes, BBcode is good, along with many other improvements, fixed images etc. Doing a great job!