tracks names change to "Untitled"

borghi

Hi!, I'm just starting with Logic, I've been saving my tracks to load them faster but every time I load them from the User Patches the name of track change from the name I write to Untitled....

Any idea?. it happens only with my tracks, the ones included with LPX works fine

On 5/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, borghi said:

Hi!, I'm just starting with Logic, I've been saving my tracks to load them faster but every time I load them from the User Patches the name of track change from the name I write to Untitled....

Any idea?. it happens only with my tracks, the ones included with LPX works fine

Can you reproduce this in a new empty project? If yes, then share the steps to reproduce the issue. Otherwise, attach an example project where this is happening, along with steps to reproduce the issue in that specific project. 

Nop, same problem, it works ok with Logic instruments, but Omnisphere, VSL and Sine the same problem, and it happens also when I load the instrument, not only the saved ones....
I have Logic pro trial for 80 more days, perhaps is something related with the trial version?

1 hour ago, borghi said:

I have Logic pro trial for 80 more days, perhaps is something related with the trial version?

No, I'm not aware of any such limitations with the trial version, it's an odd issue that you're encountering, I've never seen this. Do the plug-ins just disappear from the channel strip as well? 

• 6 months later...

Happens to me all the time when saving Track stacks - half the track names in stack will load as "Untitled". No problems with individual patches. Untitled tracks for me are usually Kontakt or Sine Player instrument tracks, but can be others.

I haven't found any pattern whatsoever, other than Logic seems to think they are Untitled presets. So my workaround is:
1) Open track stack
2) Rename "Untitled" track names in stack
2) Open Kontakt/Sine player (or other instrument) on tracks and click top left arrow to change Logic preset to "Manual" (greyed)
3) Re-save track stack

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

same problem!  

I have it with my Reason Rack plugin.  First i thought it was a bug only related to Plugin presets, so i started to save them all as Logic Patches, same problem there!  So yes, it is really a bug.  
Only Good thing is that with patches, it is only the name of the track that switches back to Untitled (1 second after showing the correct title), but the instrument stays selected!

The channel strip name will still update, btw.  

Based on a suggestion before (Track Naming options), right click the empty space under the track names,  if you select 'Track Header Components > Additonal Name Column', and set its mode to 'channel strip name', that's a bit of a workaround at least.

I've seen this behavior in the past as well. Not sure yet if the behavior still exists in more recent Logic versions (I haven't seen it recently, but I haven't been doing the kinds of things that seem to cause it).

Edited by scg

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason this bug continues to drive me up the wall.

I super completely deinstalled reason, looked for all possible remaining apple support files and what not and deleted them too.  After reinstallation of Reason, i have the same problem.

BUT

if I enable the Rosetta option (emulating a non M1 processor on my M1 mac book pro), i do NOT have the problem!  

please Apple, solve this already, for my sanity.

23 hours ago, Dany Buts said:

if I enable the Rosetta option (emulating a non M1 processor on my M1 mac book pro), i do NOT have the problem!  

If the problem goes away when Rosetta is on, AFAIK, that could only mean the software at stake is simply not M1 compatible (thus, Apple isn’t at fault here)…

hi Atlas, thanks for your input, but i do believe the contrary.  The whole patch system that saves a specific configuration of any plug-in as a Logic patch, is Logic's invention and responsibility anyway. 

And the proof that the M1 implementation of that patch system does not work, while their old coding did work, is a second proof that the error is on Logic's fault.  So yes, i do hope they debug that, and fast!

Also: the patches do get saved!  It's that one second after being saved or selected, the patch doesnt stay selected in the patch name field, altough the plugin-settings are selected.  But it makes patch browsing impossible as you can not go to the next patch in the patches list when it jumped to Untitled, it looses the link to that previously selected patch.

I hope this is clear 

• 5 months later...

Just want to bump this as I've been having this problem as well with no idea how to fix it. It is becoming a real pain for me as I want to update all of my patches, yet dragging in 50 or more patches just produces a line of "Untitled", "Untitled", "Untitled" etc. I have to rename every single one manually before re-saving them and hope I don't need to tweak or update them again any time soon. 

Has anyone found a workaround to this since?