Freezing tracks not trustworthy (10.6.3)

12bitcrunch

2 hours ago, solarama said:

You'd like me to do a null text on which two signals? The Bounced file and what else?

As you're claiming (as far as I understood) that Logic playing back a frozen track sounds different than Logic playing back the non-frozen version of that track, the only way to prove or disprove this claim is to capture and record Logic's output just before it is converted to analog in your audio hardware, using a software like Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack, first for the frozen, then for the non-frozen version. If the two resulting files null out completely in a phase inversion test, then they are identical. 

• 4 months later...

I have this happening too. It's like the plugins were turned off in the freeze process. I see that they're on, if i unfreeze it sounds right, if I freeze again it tends to stay correct. But just going down track by track, I'll find more that are frozen strangely. Sometimes its a whole group of tracks that I thought were frozen and playing back fine...its possible it was frozen with good playback and refrozen with bad playback and I don't remember it. But i swear, there must be times when its freezing other tracks that it overwrites previously frozen tracks.  

v 10.7.9

1 hour ago, joeburchil said:

I have this happening too. It's like the plugins were turned off in the freeze process. I see that they're on, if i unfreeze it sounds right, if I freeze again it tends to stay correct. But just going down track by track, I'll find more that are frozen strangely. Sometimes its a whole group of tracks that I thought were frozen and playing back fine...its possible it was frozen with good playback and refrozen with bad playback and I don't remember it. But i swear, there must be times when its freezing other tracks that it overwrites previously frozen tracks.  

v 10.7.9

I only use Pre Fader mode (I'm trying to save cycles used by the plugins)

This problem continues to happen frequently. Experiments done a few months ago which examined the Freeze files yielded no clues. This problem is real, but it affects very few Logic users. I gave up and now I Bounce and reimport every track that uses plugins unless they're very small plugins.