UAD Apollo x4 Software Won't Authorize on Monterey 12.4

The installation instructions say you have 30 mins to go into System Preferences and click 'Allow" but I never get the 'Allow" prompt.

Logic 10.7.4 / MacOS Monterey / 2021 MacBook M1 Max w 32GB RAM, 4TB SSD / Novation LaunchKey 49 MK3/ Novation LaunchPad X / UA Apollo X4 / MOTU 8Pre / Adam T7V pair + Adam sub / Inspiration

You should see a message in System Preferences under Securtiy where UA wants to install something, or the OS blocked from installing. Then you should see "install anyway" and click on it.

If you don't see that try installing again?

• Like 1

Logic Pro 9 Master Pro and X certified - ProTools 10 & 11 Certified Operator
2 x 3.06 Intel Six-Core 24 GB RAM, Logic 10.5.1, 10.14.6., UA Apollo - 2012 i7 MBP 16 GB Logic 10.6.3, 10.15.7
Contact me for Logic help (Teamviewer, Zoom, Skype) - http://www.ultimatestudiosinc.com

That’s what I expect, but System Preferences | Security & Privacy never reveals a message requesting a ‘Allow’ the UAD software.  It might be because I had an Apollo Twin X already installed and just bought the Apollo x4.  So Console, Console Settings, etc was already running fine.  And although the x4 appears in the Console Settings, it says it’s ‘offline’ and I can’t use it.  I’m going to try uninstalling the UAD software, then reinstalling the Apollo x4.

Logic 10.7.4 / MacOS Monterey / 2021 MacBook M1 Max w 32GB RAM, 4TB SSD / Novation LaunchKey 49 MK3/ Novation LaunchPad X / UA Apollo X4 / MOTU 8Pre / Adam T7V pair + Adam sub / Inspiration

Solved!  Maybe...

The UAD Apollo software installation script is not exactly Monterey 12.4 optimized for M1/M2.  The Security Profile in the Startup Security Utility had somehow been reset to "not" allow user management of 3rd party develop apps.  It's a check-box.  Since I don't recall changing this (it's a complicated process), I suspect it changes when you upgrade to Monterey 12.4.  The UA installation doesn't currently check for this feature, since it's new to M1/M2.

Once it's changed, I had to go into System Preferences | Security & Privacy and allow Full Disk Access to UA Mixer Engine.  Then the new Apollo X4 appeared in Console.

• Like 1