UAD Apollo x4 Software Won't Authorize on Monterey 12.4

That’s what I expect, but System Preferences | Security & Privacy never reveals a message requesting a ‘Allow’ the UAD software.  It might be because I had an Apollo Twin X already installed and just bought the Apollo x4.  So Console, Console Settings, etc was already running fine.  And although the x4 appears in the Console Settings, it says it’s ‘offline’ and I can’t use it.  I’m going to try uninstalling the UAD software, then reinstalling the Apollo x4.

Solved!  Maybe...

The UAD Apollo software installation script is not exactly Monterey 12.4 optimized for M1/M2.  The Security Profile in the Startup Security Utility had somehow been reset to "not" allow user management of 3rd party develop apps.  It's a check-box.  Since I don't recall changing this (it's a complicated process), I suspect it changes when you upgrade to Monterey 12.4.  The UA installation doesn't currently check for this feature, since it's new to M1/M2.

Once it's changed, I had to go into System Preferences | Security & Privacy and allow Full Disk Access to UA Mixer Engine.  Then the new Apollo X4 appeared in Console.

• Like 1