Automation doesn't bounce properly

Tzabi

Hi guys, I need help.
I have a really cpu heavy project, and when I bounce it, some automation doesn't bounce with it, like it ignores them.
This is only the second time this happens, and last time I'v just bounce the track in two parts, and the automations bounced properly, but there might be some subtler automations that haven't so now I'm looking for answers instead of going around it.
I guess this happened dou to the project being heavy, and hard for the computer to process everything.
I looked online and it looks like bouncing realtime will solve this, but I can't, because the project is too heavy to run all the way through.
How to I fix this? this is really frustrating... why can't Logic Pro bounce more efficient?

1 minute ago, Atlas007 said:

Chances are that your project is too heavy for the computer to handle it in one chunk…

Dividing the workload could be a viable approach…

Hi Atlas, thank you for answering.

Is there anyway to know how many pieces do I need to divide my project to make everything come through?

19 minutes ago, Tzabi said:

Is there anyway to know how many pieces do I need to divide my project to make everything come through?

I don’t know, but I doubt such features exist…

Have you tried exporting the tracks and rebuild your project only with audio regions. That may require creating tracks from the Auxes channelstrips (via the mixer menu), if such Auxes exist in your project.

10 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

I don’t know, but I doubt such features exist…

Have you tried exporting the tracks and rebuild your project only with audio regions. That may require creating tracks from the Auxes channelstrips (via the mixer menu), if such Auxes exist in your project.

Most of the tracks are audio regions, but I guess there are many auxes and effects.
Bouncing them in place all together still creates the same problem, so I need to bounce one by one, and disabling the others.

I want to avoid this method, because also bouncing in place sometimes doesn't give me the same result, which makes everything more complicated.

But is that is the solution for now, do you know if there is a way to see which channel or aux demands the most cpu? Maybe I can only bounce few channels.

2 hours ago, Tzabi said:

But is that is the solution for now, do you know if there is a way to see which channel or aux demands the most cpu? Maybe I can only bounce few channels.

The  only method (I am aware of) is empiric. Monitoring Performance Meter (from the LCD) and playing each track (combination) to view where Logic and/or your Mac is/are struggling. Muting isn't enough, turning off the unwanted tracks is the way to decrease the workload that (most) plugins may be taxing your CPU. Some plugins are more CPU demanding than others (this topic discusses about same).

Have you tried freezing tracks?

Edited by Atlas007

10 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

The  only method (I am aware of) is empiric. Monitoring Performance Meter (from the LCD) and playing each track (combination) to view where Logic and/or your Mac is/are struggling. Muting isn't enough, turning off the unwanted tracks is the way to decrease the workload that (most) plugins may be taxing your CPU. Some plugins are more CPU demanding than others (this topic discusses about same).

Have you tried freezing tracks?

I actually never heard of freezing, one of the most useful things I've learned!

Really helped me, and solved the problem easily, and will help me much with cpu optimisation in the future.

Thank you very much 🙂 🙂