revert behaviour of insert FX bypass MIDI message

aggenver

I have an FX plugin on a mixer channel. This plugin is off by default and I want to be able to push a pad and send a midi message to logic to enable (bypass off) that plugin temporarily, while the pad is being pushed. As soon as I release it I want the plugin to go back to OFF (bypass on). I have managed to have the opposite behaviour. I am pressing a pad on my controller and while the pad is pressed the FX turns off and turns on as soon as I release it. I can't seem, for the love of me, figure out how to revert that behaviour. I have tried fiddling with MIDI message details in the MIDI assignments page (like reverting the min and max MIDI value (0 -> 127 to 127->0) but to no good.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

thanks! 

• 4 months later...

Hi David, thanks for the suggestion.

Following your settings results in being able to bypass the effect when pressing the button and enable it the second time I press it (below are the settings I used for this). What I am after though is being able to enable the effect when keeping the button pressed down and bypass it again upon release. I am not able to find a way to accomplish this. I have managed to accomplish the reverse though. I have been able to bypass the effect when the button is pressed down and enable it again upon release.

WeChatImage_20230510130154.thumb.jpg.61565320e9677d812e21ca39e67ef1d2.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, David Nahmani said:

No problem, I understand that you want the effect on when the button is pressed, off when released. That's the behavior I have here. 

Double-click the "Value Change" field and delete "Lo7". See if that works the way you want now? 

Hi David, thanks for trying to help with this. I deleted the Lo7 but to no good. The outcome is still the same.

I have managed to do the reverse of what I want (plugin on when button not pushed and plugin off when button pushed) and the way I managed to do that was to 1. keep the button pushed before clicking on Learn assignment, 2. Click Learn assignment and after that release the button. But I can't make it work the way I actually want yet.

You said you are able to make it work on your side. Given that I have started suspecting that there may be an issue with the MIDI controller I am using, an Arturia Beatstep. Will switch controllers and see if that makes any difference.