Sampler Folders in Instrument Library

NormalDay

Hi,

Is it possible to put Sampler Instruments and SoundFonts in the Instrument Library tab? On my old Mac and 10.4 Logic, I'm able to browse through EXS24 instruments and .sf2 files through the Insturment Library by changing the selected track into a EXS24 track, which also shows the Factory and Garageband categories too. I'm having trouble doing the same with my new Mac, so how would I do this on the newer versions of Logic, given the change from EXS24 to Sampler?

spacer.png

Have you tried creating folders directly via the finder window?

According to the documentation, the Sampler files are located as follow:

Sampler instrument storage locations

To be visible in the Settings pop-up menu, instruments must be stored in the following folder locations:

• ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.
  • …/ProjectName: Logic Pro also searches for sampler instruments in the project folder.
  1. If you use the Save As command, you have the choice to save older project files as a project bundle or as a folder.
  2. If you save a new project, sampler instruments and samples can be saved as Assets with the project bundle. See Project settings in the Logic Pro User Guide.

Note: You can store your sampler instruments in any folder on any connected hard disk. Create an alias pointing to this folder within a Sampler Instruments subfolder (using any of the paths listed), and they are shown in the Settings pop-up menu.

Sample storage locations

Samples are stored in the following folders:

• ~Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Samples: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.

16 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Have you tried creating folders directly via the finder window?

According to the documentation, the Sampler files are located as follow:

Sampler instrument storage locations

To be visible in the Settings pop-up menu, instruments must be stored in the following folder locations:

• ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.
  • …/ProjectName: Logic Pro also searches for sampler instruments in the project folder.
  1. If you use the Save As command, you have the choice to save older project files as a project bundle or as a folder.
  2. If you save a new project, sampler instruments and samples can be saved as Assets with the project bundle. See Project settings in the Logic Pro User Guide.

Note: You can store your sampler instruments in any folder on any connected hard disk. Create an alias pointing to this folder within a Sampler Instruments subfolder (using any of the paths listed), and they are shown in the Settings pop-up menu.

Sample storage locations

Samples are stored in the following folders:

• ~Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Samples: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.

I've tried these before, though it didn't work. While they appear in the Sampler search, they don't appear in the Library.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:10 PM, NormalDay said:

Is it possible to put Sampler Instruments and SoundFonts in the Instrument Library tab?

Yes. You have to same them as Sampler settings:

• If they are not Sampler settings then first open them in Sampler and then save them in the Library (one by one I'm afraid). 
  • If they are already Sampler settings then you can put them in the location @Atlas007 shared and they'll be available in the Library. 

In either case, whether you're trying to save your own Sampler setting, or load one of the Sampler settings you've moved to those locations, make sure your Library's blue triangle is pointing to the blue Sampler insert, as below: 

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 4.45.23 PM.png