Transposition global track opens at +11...

jonburr
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

My whole session needed to come up a whole step. Although there several are other ways to solve the problem, my first stop was Transposition in Global Tracks.
The weird thing was, the Transposition line showed it was at +11. Nothing in the file history should have caused that. If I reset it to zero, the whole file (except audio) dropped a major 7th.
Apple support had no clue.
Is there a way to reset this without moving pitches? At +11 there was no way to come up a whole step...+12 is the max.

The solution that worked was to select all pitched MIDI tracks, open the Piano Roll Editor, select all and ⌥↑↑ - then transpose the scratch vocal after flattening the track by click-dragging next to "Transpose:" in the Inspector, then changing the Signature in the Lists panel.
Oddly, after doing all that, the Transposition lane shows +9....

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.32.01 AM.png

Holy heck, that did it ! 
Tempo was at 0 1 1 1 - 
But that No Transpose did it. It's sitting right there in the Inspector, but I hadn't noticed it before...
Yes, set em all to No Transpose and delete the dot, the transpose line goes to 0 but nothing happens...
Then, unclicking No Transpose and moving the transposition line works as expected.
Thank you, sir

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, jonburr said:

Tempo was at 0 1 1 1 -

That’s a definite No! No!

Never put anything before 1.1.1.1. otherwise your project will likely get corrupted. And project‘s corruption isn’t always obvious. Then one keeps working hours ifnot days elaborating a master piece until something goes unexpectedly awry. It’s then too late…

IOW, I would recommend you rebuild your current project which already shows signs of corruption.

• Like 1

although I appreciate your initial response, you're getting a little carried away here.
First of all, I didn't put anything anywhere, and no, the session is not otherwise corrupted.
In my business I do a lot of work with midi exported from notation software, and odd things come up from time to time on import to Logic.
Once again, I appreciate your initial reply, but you can relax now.

• Like 1

Thanx for your concern. Rest assured that I am totally relaxed.

Tempo at 0.1.1.1. isn’t default (factory) setting…

Reading back my previous post, I admit its tone may have been looking/sounding somewhat carried away… Especially with the bold characters...

Nevertheless, the warning intention remains founded.

However, I apologized if that may have been offending. That wasn’t my intention.

• Like 1