Apple loops?

johnl
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

When I audition a loop in this case Duncan the loop sounds right for the track i'm working on. But when i bring it in and it selects a drumkit and dmd to play it with it doesn't sound the same. When i bring the loop onto an audio track then it's similar. But i'd like to adjust parts of it, so am wondering if there is a way to have the same sounds with the same effects etc...Thanks very much for your help. Best, John

That's interesting, the Duncan loops indeed sound differently when imported to an Instrument track, compared to their audio version. This would be a bug in the loop itself (i.e., how it was rendered to audio when it was authored). IMO you should report this to Apple via their feedback page.

As nobody knows (except maybe the person(s) who authored these loops) what the real channel strip setting used for it was (obviously it was different from the one saved with the loop), I'm afraid you will have to experiment yourself to come as close to the rendered/preview sound as possible...

BTW just tried with the "Finn" and "Gavin" loops, they don't show this issue.

Edited by polanoid