Apple Loops - My Loops - Organizational Approaches

globet
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

My Loops under Apple Loops folder is located at: /Users/username/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/SingleFiles

Going into that folder, SingleFiles, is there a way to create a sub folders and have it show up on Logic's Loops browser? This way it will really create an organizational aspect to all of your loops instead of trying to use names and special character designations. 

Yes, you can create whatever structure/hierarchy you wish.
TBH, the best approach to this is to do everything in Finder - create folders/subfolders, move loops, etc.....and then simply point the Apple Loop Browser in the right direction/scan/rebuild the loop library.

I have Komplete Ultimate/Maschine which contain a zillion loops/construction kits, etc. - accessed in the Untagged Loops tab - and stored in my template projects....so they're ready to wear when needed.
Same applies to custom settings/instruments in other parts of Logic (settings/patches/kits, etc.) - available in templates (or new projects), but tend to start most work from templates, and modify as required on the fly.

Hi oscwilde, I did create a sub folder inside the SingleFiles folder but that sub folder doesn't show up in the Apple Loops browser. Did do reindexing of Apple Loops as well.

41 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

then simply point the Apple Loop Browser in the right direction/scan/rebuild the loop library.

What's this scan/rebuild function you mentioned? Thanks

18 hours ago, oscwilde said:

Are trying to add to untagged loops?

Just audio samples that I added to the Apple Loops library via the Add Region to Apple Loops window. Would like to have the sub folders created inside the SingleFiles folder to show up inside Logic.

• Solution

Check out this pic.
You can create folders at the same level as the SingleFiles folder....which will appear in the menu as a category (after reindexing).
You can create as many folders as desired at this level, but can't create subfolders within them (so can't create a subfolder inside SingleFiles or fruit....but could create a bananas, strawberry, mango, etc. folder).
See the pic...
Screenshot2024-03-25at22_44_24.thumb.png.60f2f67ea0a6f241580d8b444ec95d69.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oscwilde said:

Check out this pic.
You can create folders at the same level as the SingleFiles folder....which will appear in the menu as a category (after reindexing).
You can create as many folders as desired at this level, but can't create subfolders within them (so can't create a subfolder inside SingleFiles or fruit....but could create a bananas, strawberry, mango, etc. folder).
See the pic...
Screenshot2024-03-25at22_44_24.thumb.png.60f2f67ea0a6f241580d8b444ec95d69.png

This will work just as well. Thanks @oscwilde

• Like 1