11 or 10.8

user01
Message added by David Nahmani,

Since this topic was started, Logic Pro 10.8 has been released: 

I really want to see Logic 11, but in the Apple Scary Fast Event video, you can clearly see the current Logic Pro X. I wouldn't think there will be a Logic 11 soon, think earlier 10.8. I don't understand otherwise why they show the current Logic Pro in the Event show. If there will be a Logic 11 they should maybe give a little sneakpeek in the Event show. I would assume.

Edited by just20

Just now, just20 said:

I really want to see Logic 11, but in the Apple Scary Fast Event video, you can clearly see the current Logic Pro X. I wouldn't think there will be a Logic 11 soon, think earlier 10.8. I otherwise don't why they show the current Logic Pro in the Event show.

They would not want to show something they have not announced yet.

The video might be prepared a few months ago.

Maybe it is 10.8 or 11  with no GUI change

Lots of possibilities 🙂

Footnote 11 says:

Testing conducted by Apple in September and October 2023 using pre‑production 14‑inch MacBook Pro systems with Apple M3, 8‑core CPU, 10‑core GPU and 24GB of RAM, production 13‑inch MacBook Pro systems with Apple M2, 8‑core CPU, 10‑core GPU and 24GB of RAM, production 13‑inch MacBook Pro systems with Apple M1, 8‑core CPU, 8‑core GPU and 16GB of RAM, and production 1.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 13‑inch MacBook Pro systems with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 and 16GB of RAM, all configured with 2TB SSD. Tested with Logic Pro 10.7.9 with project consisting of multiple tracks, each with an Amp Designer plug‑in instance applied. Individual tracks were added during playback until CPU became overloaded. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, I hope it arrives soon, as 10.7 was released 2 years ago and the last decent update was 10.7.5 a year ago IMO.

Other than the incredibly useful logic for ipad which all serious producers are using and is definitely not just an app for toying around.

I'd happily pay for LP11 if it makes working and editing audio a bit better. I've been incredibly frustrated with Logic the last few months. 

If it is subscription only, I'm going back to pro tools

33 minutes ago, danisalat said:

Whatever it is, I hope it arrives soon, as 10.7 was released 2 years ago and the last decent update was 10.7.5 a year ago IMO.

Other than the incredibly useful logic for ipad which all serious producers are using and is definitely not just an app for toying around.

I'd happily pay for LP11 if it makes working and editing audio a bit better. I've been incredibly frustrated with Logic the last few months. 

If it is subscription only, I'm going back to pro tools

all this panic (i don't mean just you) about subscriptions. anyway, personally, i'll deal with what comes next... when it happens.

meanwhile, 10.7.9 is great here, and will remain so until a newer logic happens. then we can discuss ARA & sidechaining issues, and whatever new bugs replace the old bugs. good times ahead!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fisherking said:

all this panic (i don't mean just you) about subscriptions. anyway, personally, i'll deal with what comes next... when it happens.

meanwhile, 10.7.9 is great here, and will remain so until a newer logic happens. then we can discuss ARA & sidechaining issues, and whatever new bugs replace the old bugs. good times ahead!

I haven't noticed panic! I think it's fine to speculate and I think people are getting a little bit of excitement at the prospect of a big Logic update, but don't want it spoilt by a subscription, I mean it would be a bit of a downer.

30 minutes ago, Andre R said:

I haven't noticed panic! I think it's fine to speculate and I think people are getting a little bit of excitement at the prospect of a big Logic update, but don't want it spoilt by a subscription, I mean it would be a bit of a downer.

i'd say that ppl here threatening to abandon logic over a possible subscription model are panicking.. but, either way, we'll see what comes next when apple reveals that to us.

4 minutes ago, user01 said:

If they offer audio as good as pro tools, I will subscribe, but if they don't, I will go to pro tools for the subscription.

can you elaborate? what is wrong with the audio in logic?

EDIT: a few years ago i mixed an EP sent to me as pro tools files. i did a 1-month subscription to PT, opened each song (all audio, no midi) and exported parts. then opened those audiofiles in logic. basic audio sounded the same in both DAWs (as it should). i just wanted to use my chosen eqs, effects, etc in logic (also the place i am most comfortable.

audio is audio. what we do in a DAW is what matters. or am i missing something? 🤔

Edited by fisherking

I want to sort this out 
no multichannel audio WARP ,  there is no good time strech algorithm and pro tools is far away from serato 3, no clip gain, only automation , No realtime waveform envelope view no fade in fade out, No Advanced Fade Editor, we can't move the channels in the mixer, no Track List, No plugin Search, No beat detective, No Elastic Audio, Still weaker for microphone recording and waveform editing: While Logic beats out some competitors here, it still can’t compete with Pro Tools in these areas. pro tools is the industry standard for audio, logic why should I subscribe without giving all this ?

Edited by user01

4 minutes ago, user01 said:

I want to sort this out 
no multichannel audio WARP ,  there is no good time strech algorithm and pro tools is far away from serato 3, no clip gain, only automation , No realtime waveform envelope view no fade in fade out, No Advanced Fade Editor, we can't move the channels in the mixer, no Track List, No plugin Search, No beat detective, No Elastic Audio, Still weaker for microphone recording and waveform editing: While Logic beats out some competitors here, it still can’t compete with Pro Tools in these areas. pro tools is the industry standard for audio, can logic break the chain, without it why subscribe?

i'll let others correct you on some of these things (and perhaps point out the places that logic beats pro tools).

both DAWs are exceptional, and both have their strengths & weaknesses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, user01 said:

You are writing these to someone who has been using logic every day since the first version, well, I hope logic will close these differences in the new versions and we will continue to use it with love.

still doesn't make sense. there will always be differences between different DAWs; different strengths, weaknesses... features. there's no difference to 'close'. anyway, glad you're getting your work done in logic.

3 hours ago, fisherking said:

i'd say that ppl here threatening to abandon logic over a possible subscription model are panicking.. but, either way, we'll see what comes next when apple reveals that to us.

Well I guess, I would say some people are concerned, not panicking but I get what your saying, I personally wouldn't like if it went subscription, It may make me look elsewhere, I guess it depends on what they offer, but I'm pretty sure it won't be subscription anyway so I'm not bothered. 

Edited by Andre R

1 hour ago, user01 said:

I want to sort this out 
no multichannel audio WARP ,  there is no good time strech algorithm and pro tools is far away from serato 3, no clip gain, only automation , No realtime waveform envelope view no fade in fade out, No Advanced Fade Editor, we can't move the channels in the mixer, no Track List, No plugin Search, No beat detective, No Elastic Audio, Still weaker for microphone recording and waveform editing: While Logic beats out some competitors here, it still can’t compete with Pro Tools in these areas. pro tools is the industry standard for audio, logic why should I subscribe without giving all this ?

Well I'm with you on the clip gain, I have been wanting that for a longtime.

1 hour ago, user01 said:

Since 1990

I'm not sure that's entirely true, seeing as the first main() routine for Logic was written, according to the person who did it, in late 1991... 😉 

(And Logic was launched in 1992...)

Unless you were including Creator/Notator before Logic, in which case - same... 🙂