11 or 10.8

user01
Message added by David Nahmani,

Since this topic was started, Logic Pro 10.8 has been released: 

I feel like we all got a little ancy on this one. I feel like avid keeps paying for pro tools to be featured in these or something though feels a bit odd to shout out pro tools then mention Logic Pro in regards to students iirc? Haven’t gone back and rewatched. I think the longer it takes is honestly better news as it’s probably a bigger update. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.fdf5db55faa20f92800837e12a9ebddf.png

8 hours ago, StudioQ1 said:

I feel like we all got a little ancy on this one. I feel like avid keeps paying for pro tools to be featured in these or something though feels a bit odd to shout out pro tools then mention Logic Pro in regards to students iirc? Haven’t gone back and rewatched. I think the longer it takes is honestly better news as it’s probably a bigger update. 

very true, already look at the mac pro's page, why does the music production section show pro tools instead of logic ? so they want to say that pro tools can be used with these machines.

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Just now, des99 said:

I think it's more like Apple acknowledging the realities of the pro market, rather than just demonstrating that only FCP and Logic exist with creative professionals using Macs.

Exactly. It’s also good to know that if they don’t get ARA working again during Sonoma there’s a high likelihood Pro Tools will be a stable alternative for me!

It doesn't matter to  me that Apple would talk about Pro Tools, since they know that this is software that – for whatever reason – many of their customers do use.  (If the studio that you're working in has standardized on that tool, then that's the one you use there. Other studios have standardized on Logic. So it goes.)

Apple's primary business focus is to be a hardware manufacturer. That's how they butter their biscuits. They just supply various bits of jelly to go with it. 🙂

Edited by MikeRobinson

14 minutes ago, MikeRobinson said:

It doesn't matter to  me that Apple would talk about Pro Tools, since they know that this is software that – for whatever reason – many of their customers do use.  (If the studio that you're working in has standardized on that tool, then that's the one you use there. Other studios have standardized on Logic. So it goes.)

Apple's primary business focus is to be a hardware manufacturer. That's how they butter their biscuits. They just supply various bits of jelly to go with it. 🙂

i dunno: the OS is essential, of course. and logic and final cut are intense, deep apps; hardly just add-ons to support the hardware. i think all of it is significant...

Edited by fisherking

2 hours ago, user01 said:

The interesting thing is that m1 m2 m3 came out but logic is still standing still, it is developing very slowly. 

10.7 came out with the M1 chip, but yes.. it's been a while. still, we've seen point updates since then. 

anyway, apple will give us LP 11 when they're ready, and am glad i can work (well!) in the present on 10.7.9...

On 10/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, MikeRobinson said:

At $18 billion a year for a Google pref, I don’t call it butter anymore but rather a very thick slab of lard, (where the cookie isn’t visible anymore) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, user01 said:

on the MacBook Pro M3 page, again in the music creation section, there are pro tools, it's impossible not to go crazy

image.thumb.png.ca873df36af1566aa7515c3d2fc2d79a.png

the pro tools user base is HUGE, and apple is smart to make clear that they support it. this doesn't in any way detract from logic pro. they show off adobe apps, lots of other 3rd-party apps. 

secretly, i hope there IS a new logic pro coming, and that could be a reason they're not (yet) showing it. but either way, they're appealing to all their users, not just the logic (or final cut) people.

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 1