Can you humanize the tempo track?

blue-moves

Can't seem to find an answer online.

Just need a yes or no, really..

CAN YOU 'HUMANIZE' THE TEMPO TRACK?

I want the notes to stay locked to the grid, so 'humanize' in the MIDI transform section is out.

Basically, can you select some operation and go like, "Ok computer, put some randomised variation in the tempo track. Go!" - maybe where you can set a granularity value like: by every 8 bars, 4 bars, bar, eigth note, etc.

?

Logic has a range of options for creating/editing tempo tracks, including tap tempo. "Randomised" tempos like many things just don't sound "musical", because musical changes are not random in nature, they are intentional.

If you want to explore in this area, you have a range of tempo options, but you might want to try creating a bar of 4/4 clicks (or whatever granularity you want) for your song, then humanising the notes so they are off-grid by the amount you want, and then generating a new tempo map from those clicks by beat mapping them.

• Love 1

Great idea! This is the kind of clever thinking I've come to expect around here 👍😄
Thanks Des

Is there a way to tap as the song plays and have it follow me for rall.s and rit.s - and record that to a tempo map. I imagine that's basic AF but I've never done it before. What do I have to click to get that happening?

Thanks!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blue-moves said:

Is there a way to tap as the song plays and have it follow me for rall.s and rit.s - and record that to a tempo map. I imagine that's basic AF but I've never done it before. What do I have to click to get that happening?

Yes, that's what tap tempo does - open the Tempo Interpreter (and check the manual for more details.)

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to Can you humanize the tempo track?