10.8 snapping bug

Huxley

Please, check this video.

This is me trying to slide this region to bar 45 (1 1 1).

After a I release the mouse, it landed in bar 44 (4 1 1).

Important to note, I'm dropping the region using the very same mouse maneuver I used to do every single day since 2014 on a number of different systems and it always landed in the right place.

Now that I just got the new M3 max with Sonoma and Logic 10.8.1, I would say this bug happens around 45% of the time, and please note the region can land in different wrong spots.

7 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Hm, nothing that could cause it there. What about my other question?

I'm not sure the mouse moves by itself. I just see the region in the wrong positioning.

By the way, I was just able to reproduce something that occasionally happening as well: Region ended in another track.

Again, in general I'm used to editing fast. Now it feels like I have to slow me down (causing flow interruptions) because of this.

I'm praying for a quick fix.

12 hours ago, eduluke said:

By the way, I was just able to reproduce something that occasionally happening as well: Region ended in another track.

The precise position of the mouse pointer is the tip of the black arrow (not the white shadow around it). Zoom really close in:

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 12.59.32 PM.png

The tip of your mouse pointer is on the other track (below the red line), so the region moves to the other track.

If you want to limit your dragging to an horizontal motion you can either press Shift while dragging, or use the 'Limit dragging' settings under Logic Pro > Settings > General > Editing. 

• Like 1

Thanks David.

What's your thoughts on the first drag in the video?

I'm pretty sure that I'm using the mouse and dragging the same way I always did and never had the "Smart Snap to grid" misinterpreted me this much. 

Feels like something changed on Logic or OS side. I would love to have Smart mode behaving the same as before and not having to "slow me down" while working.