Logic Pro 10.8.1 update released

EverVale
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous thread on the Logic Pro 10.8 release, see: 

3 minutes ago, des99 said:

Some good fixes there - the Behringer XT colours, duplicated notes, MFX plugin issues, multiple region velocity thing and velocity compression thing, etc etc... 👍

I wonder how many were fixed because of reports sent by members of this forum. We can never know of course, but still I think it’s good to report issues to Apple as soon as possible after finding them.

• Like 1

Awesome! Both midi velocity compression/expansion and change midi velocities of multiple regions are fixed and that in such a short time! Well done team Logic!

I was afraid that I would have to get used to not having these two things anymore for a long time.

I had encountered a bug in 10.8.0 where if you had instanced Guitar Rig 6 in a project started in 10.7.9, and then opened the project in 10.8.0, Logic said "The plug-in named "Guitar Rig " isn't available on your system. Choose another plug-in, or quit Logic” and the instance is greyed out, even though instances of GR that were brought in before 10.7.9 loaded just fine. Anyway, it’s fixed in 10.8.1.

Edited by mpmusicny

1 hour ago, mpmusicny said:

Are you referring to my post above about Guitar Rig? I'd read through the release notes and couldn't see it (just read them again in fact . . ) Where is it?

Yes, all are plugins that have an MIDI-controller FX version. It also affects the Blackhole MIDI/No MIDI plugin too:

On 11/30/2023 at 7:20 PM, exmachina said:

Audio Unit plug-ins that offer MIDI control now show up reliably as audio effects.

• Like 1