Logic Pro library double presets

vincentzaalberg
Go to solution Solved by vincentzaalberg,

With the release of the new v10.8.1. something went wrong when downloading the new library content.
Although my library is setup on the desired disk "RAID0" with no sign of double content there the library presets in Logic still show up double.

Side notes:
There's an old copy on the "White" disk you see on the screenshot but I don't believe the library path is set to that disk.
Looking at the library manager window I don't believe I downloaded any content to my internal harddisk either.

How to fix the double presets in Logic back to single presets again?
Help much appreciated

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.36.52.png

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.43.01.png

Okay I just discovered the actual presets are not doubled but some of the categorising folders like "Woodwinds" are. See screenshots. Does that makes sense? Hoping to somehow get them down to single folders again but not sure how? Navigating the library directory in Finder it doesn't seem as straightforward as moving all presets to one Woodwinds folder and deleting the other but I could be wrong... 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 11.17.55.png

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 11.17.58.png

• Solution

Thanks for your suggestion rAC.
It turns out the library copy on the White disk was not the problem.
The sessions I had the double presets in were apparently corrupted. Good think I took the screen shots otherwise I would have thought I'd gone mad 😉
Opening up a new session fixed the issue and there are no double presets in my library tab any more. 
Very weird issue but it looks like simply opening a fresh new default project session solves it, at least my case it did. Hope it helps other experiencing the same issue as well.

• Like 3