Logic Pro forgets that I have my entire Sound Library installed on an external SSD.

lorenzogc

As the title suggests. It constantly wants me to install the "Essential Sounds Library" which I already have plenty of times and is really irritating. And when I do it adds up to the System Data of the computer. And then this feedback loop repeats itself. Why can't Logic Pro's Sound Library sync up to my external SSD? (Let me know if this should go to the Logic Pro Bugs forum instead.)

As many of you know Apple charges thousands of dollars for a new computer that has 2TB of internal storage (not even including the RAM).

I am actually considering upgrading my Mac mini M1 256GB to have more internal storage. It would cost around a seventh of the price of an Apple certified refurbished Mac mini which costs roughly $2,000USD including tax. Granted that used Mac mini has an M2 Pro chip in it and 32GB of RAM and only 1TB of storage space. No surprise there, but still, something I was considering would be a solution to my problem.

Now I am considering going with a contact that can do this 2TB upgrade for half the price of a new base model M2 Mac mini which is $600USD currently...yes it would be a $300USD job including labor. (If some of you want that contact look at Luke Miani's YouTube video on this subject and see for yourselves.) I am willing to fork out that money to solve this problem unless some of you have another approach at solving this.

P.S. I know some of you might be skeptical if upgrading the storage on an M1 Mac mini is even possible. It is technically possible according to not only Luke Miani's friend but Rossmann Repair Group and to the two Chinese engineers that made that feat possible. This "upgrade" is specific to the M1 line of Mac mini's though FYI. Now if you want to is another story. I like to preserve my tech and not be so consumeristic all the darn time. That is just me though.

What I'll try to do is first remove the Sound Library from my external SSD. Uninstall Logic Pro. Then reinstall Logic Pro on the internal SSD and the Sound Library on the external. Wish me luck. I'll do it tomorrow since it's late where I live.

Edited by lorenzogc

Ok I was able to do it and it seems fine for now, knock on wood.

The only problem I am running into now is that new sounds that I download are downloading in the Music Creation section of my internal storage even when my Sound Library location is on my external SSD. Any tips on how to amend this?

Would it be ok to transfer those two folders on over to the external SSD manually without any problems?

Thanks.Screenshot2024-01-13at10_32_21PM.thumb.png.5679f8286b98b0e2410b22c56d8984c3.png

Edited by lorenzogc
Uploaded screenshot for context