Sample Alchemy Position is breaking controller assignment learn mode

Wilmerton

Hi,

In short, learn mode of the controller assignment (expert view) is broken whenever I try to learn the Position of a head in Sample Alchemy. I press "learn mode", click on the head in the VST (the parameter is correctly displayed in controller assignment), but then it never receives the message I send with my midi controller. Trying to learn another parameter (which worked before trying the head Position assignment) doesn't work anymore - same symptom of not receiving the message from the controller. Exiting learn mode does not fix it, but restarting logic does (in my various tests, I also restarted from a backed up CS file but I think it is not necessary). It feels like a bug.

In case it matters, here are a few details. I'm using a Korg nanoKontrol2. I programmed it using control assigments to allow switching between different VST mappings depending on selected track (using the "set" button). I did change significantly the default mappings. However, I already mapped several other VSTs without issue (I am able to switch between DAW Control, Compressor, Band EQ, Chroma Verb, Enveloper, Quick Sampler, and Lounge Lizard from AAS), so I have the feeling it's a problem with Sample Alchemy.

Thanks for the help!

10 hours ago, Wilmerton said:

learn mode of the controller assignment (expert view) is broken whenever I try to learn the Position of a head in Sample Alchemy.

I can confirm this weird bug here in Logic Pro 10.8.1. The only thing that makes controller assignments work again is to restart Logic Pro. 

• Like 1

Thanks!
I'm happy it's reproducible at least 🙂
Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I'm only starting with SA but I already feel like I will want to jam with these heads .

Edit : for future reference, where do you report these bugs?

Edited by Wilmerton

• 2 weeks later...