Longer Glide

vincentzaalberg
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Transporting the created VI to Alchemy gives me a 1000ms Glide in Alchemy but that doesn't really cut it as it's way too short.

Do you guys have any tips on getting a longer Glide between notes using recorded samples in Sample Alchemy?

Video for clarification:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rlou1m5bnd2vgu3l08a64/Glide.mov?rlkey=jj36jx63a6chpcru67fnhwkr0&dl=0

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Why do you want to assign your controller to the pitch bend value? You should just set that value to the maximum interval you're going to bend, in your example going from an F# to an A# is 4 semi-tones. 

Then use the pitch bend wheel, or pitch bend automation to bend the pitch. 

Yeah I’m just actually bending from F# to G. But I can’t do the next step: use the pitch bend wheel or automation to make the pitch change. I tried assigning but there’s no knob to assign to you see. 

How would you do that In Sample Alchemy David?

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Did you try to automate the pitch bend like this? (it works the same independently of the instrument you're playing, Sample Alchemy or any other software instrument)

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.30.39 PM.png

Hi David,

okay thanks that worked. 
I also figured out why I wasn't able to assign the pitch bend.
In fact the pitch bend was already assigned to Sample Alchemy by default but my midi controller (Arturia Keylab88 mk2) was not sending any pitch bend info. I did a firmware update and that fixed it. Was able to record pitch bend CC's after that and it was automatically linked to Sample Alchemy. Mystery solved, thank you so much.

Vincent

15 hours ago, vincentzaalberg said:

I also figured out why I wasn't able to assign the pitch bend.
In fact the pitch bend was already assigned to Sample Alchemy by default but my midi controller (Arturia Keylab88 mk2) was not sending any pitch bend info. I did a firmware update and that fixed it.

Oh ok good to hear. 

For the vast majority of instruments and controllers, there should be nothing to assign, "pitch bend" is a specific type of MIDI data (separate from MIDI CC) that is always controlling pitch on instruments. 

15 hours ago, vincentzaalberg said:

Was able to record pitch bend CC's after that and it was automatically linked to Sample Alchemy. Mystery solved, thank you so much.

Great! You're welcome. 🙂