Drummer tracks sometimes play drums at higher pitches

Hector Ramos

Hi.

Im new to logic and been reading David's book, very helpful. 

Sometimes when I open up one of the drummers, particularly the Rock or Alternative drummers and load up a different kit than the default kit they come with the kick drums are played like 1 octave higher. 

For example if I load up Kyle-Pop Rock drummer, then switch the kit to DMD Roland TR 808 the kick drums are played at a much higher pitch. When I open DMD and click the icon to hear the sample it is playing back at the correct pitch. So it leads me to think its the drummer. 

Whats weird is I will convert to MIDI region and the notes are all playing basic kick notes at C1, just like it should, but the pitch is way high. 
Also if I switch the drummer to say Maya - Modern 80s the Roland TR 808 Kit sounds just fine. 

Any advice? 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, Hector Ramos said:

been reading David's book, very helpful. 

Thank you for the kind comments. 🙂 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, Hector Ramos said:

When I open DMD and click the icon to hear the sample it is playing back at the correct pitch.

I get the same pitch when I click the Kick 1 cell in DMD and when Kyle is playing in the Drummer region here. In DMD, the Kick's root key is set to G0, you could adjust that value to transpose the kick.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.35.55 AM.png

Or, under Q-Sampler detail, adjust the Coarse knob in the Pitch section: 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.37.19 AM.png

Im still having this problem I think it might be a bug? 

Currently running Logic 10.6 on Mac 10.15 

I made a little video of me demonstrating what's been happening, it exceeds the file size for the forum. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10_tqiQjfi0BFiuqEAf5bvg7eqFq-ai_l/view?usp=share_link

Theres no audio but I brought up the analyzer and you can clearly see when the transport is playing the drum sample is being played at a different pitch then when it isn't