Drum Machine Designer's Quick Sampler tracks reset (play sine wave)?

somelpuser

When working on a DMD stack, one or more Quick Sampler tracks can suddenly reset. This means that the selected sample disappears and the instrument just plays a sine wave. I only do drums with DMDs and Quick Samplers, and I don't use Quick Sampler that much except for that. The first time I encountered this bug was when getting back to an unsaved project window after waking up the computer so I thought "alright always save before letting the computer go to sleep, no new lessons here", but I've since then found when adding a new track to the DMD stack (then an existing one resets), or when adding some other track to the project. I've navigated through undo/redo levels in the project but it doesn't fix it. If you try to undo the action that caused the bug, sure it gets undone, but your quick sampler instrument is still ruined. On another occasion the sample didn't reset to a sine wave but instead to a completely different file in the same folder of the originally loaded one, and it got pitched waaaaay down. I never really know when I'll find it, so I can't avoid it. And I also don't know if it's DMD or QS' problem. What I'm looking for: More info on how to trigger it, so that I can avoid it (other than stop using DMD and QS 😄)

• David Nahmani changed the title to Drum Machine Designer's Quick Sampler tracks reset (play sine wave)?

I have never experienced what you describe, however I never, ever let any of my music production machines go to sleep, and I never leave Logic Pro open for any length of time when I'm not using my Mac. I've found that this resolved many unexpected issues. 

So I would start with that, and see if the issue continue to occur? 

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I have never experienced what you describe, however I never, ever let any of my music production machines go to sleep, and I never leave Logic Pro open for any length of time when I'm not using my Mac. I've found that this resolved many unexpected issues. 

So I would start with that, and see if the issue continue to occur? 

I initially thought that was the problem but it's happened while working since then. One time even while changing other tracks that were not in the DMD stack.

Just now, somelpuser said:

I can't remember if my bug has happened with more than one project open. Will keep in mind!

It's definitely another one of those habits to make sure you get rid of, I mean, in Logic, never ever have 2 (or more) projects open at the same time, as it creates irremediable damages to your projects. 

Is your library (or samples being used with Quicksampler/DMD) on an external drive?
The symptoms indicate that the samples are disappearing....so wondering if an external drive is dropping into power saving mode or has a dodgy connection/is running thru a hub?

• Like 2