Logic Pro & V-Drums Issue

GDDrums
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

My V-drum and Logic situation was fine until I unplugged my hi-hat during a session. Now my hi-hat pedal triggers the record function in Logic and once I open my hi-hat to play a more dynamic part, the sound of the open hi-hit never changes. In other words, when I got for a tight hi-hat sound, it doesn’t happen as it remains an open sound. The V-drums are fine on their own but when midi’d in logic, this situation is ongoing. Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by Jordi Torres

• Solution

Hi GDDrums,

On 8/24/2023 at 4:23 AM, GDDrums said:

Now my hi-hat pedal triggers the record function in Logic

Sounds like you might have assigned MIDI data from the pedal to one of the Record command in Logic by accident?

You can quickly check whether that is indeed the case by going to Logic Pro menu > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces.

If this stops the unwanted behavior, then you do have an unwanted assignment, and you need to delete it by doing the following:

1. Un-Bypass All Control Surfaces
  2. Go to Logic Pro menu > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments (Expert View) locate the unwanted assignment and delete it.

If the above does not help, we can troubleshoot further.

J. 

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JakobP said:

Actually, if bypassing does the trick, you need to un-bypass to see any controller assignments to delete, they all "disappear" when bypassing...

True, forgot that bit, thanks pointing it out. 👍

I've amended my original post to reflect this.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 6:25 AM, JakobP said:

No problem, Jordi 🙂 

Thank you, Jordi.

Was out for a bit, hence my delayed reply, but going to give this a shot.

On 8/26/2023 at 5:57 AM, Jordi Torres said:

True, forgot that bit, thanks pointing it out. 👍

I've amended my original post to reflect this.

J.

Thank you, J.

Was out for a bit, hence my delayed reply, but going to give this a shot.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:58 AM, Jordi Torres said:

Hi GDDrums,

Sounds like you might have assigned MIDI data from the pedal to one of the Record command in Logic by accident?

You can quickly check whether that is indeed the case by going to Logic Pro menu > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces.

If this stops the unwanted behavior, then you do have an unwanted assignment, and you need to delete it by doing the following:

1. Un-Bypass All Control Surfaces
  2. Go to Logic Pro menu > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments (Expert View) locate the unwanted assignment and delete it.

If the above does not help, we can troubleshoot further.

J. 

Problem resolved!  Thank you @Jordi Torres and @JakobP for your help.  I'm a beginner at all this and your thorough and easy-to-follow explanations made it a very quick fix for me.  Appreciate you both immensely!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

@Jordi Torres @realtwang Well, you both are incredible for checking this out and figuring it out.  I'm not exactly sure how to navigate standard mapping and the Scripter MIDI plugin with the VDrum map selected, but I will look into and give it a shot.  If either of you do Zoom sessions on this or can send any visuals, that would be great.  Appreciate your time, expertise and kindness!

• Jordi Torres changed the title to Logic Pro & V-Drums Issue