Overwriting Alchemy presets?

ramona jade
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hi everyone! I'm currently going through Alchemy's presets, playing and rating them—a lot of the presets sound great but I'd like to edit just a bit to make them work better for me. Is there a way to edit and overwrite Alchemy's presets, so that I don't have to create an entirely new user preset? I like Acoustic Pluck (part of the Modern Songwriter sound pack) for example, but there are a few parameters I want to set at different default values when I load the preset in the future. Every time I save the edited preset using the same name, it creates a new preset with a (1) next to the name. Might not be possible but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

• Solution

I'd recommend leaving the factory content as is, and saving your edits to your user location, kept separate from the factory stuff. You can include some kind of detail in the name (I tend to add an * when I edit stuff) so I can always recognise my patches, but you can use the metadata for that too if you like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, des99 said:

I'd recommend leaving the factory content as is, and saving your edits to your user location, kept separate from the factory stuff. You can include some kind of detail in the name (I tend to add an * when I edit stuff) so I can always recognise my patches, but you can use the metadata for that too if you like.

Gotcha, I'll probably end up just giving them different names. It just bugs the minimalist in me to see two presets next to each other with the same name😩. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1