Melodyne ARA with vst's

Arisound
Go to solution Solved by sunbrother,

Hi. So I can place the ARA version on all my vocal and instrument tracks.

Should I also be able to place ARA version on a track with Superior Drummer 3 (or any other virtual instrument)?

I want to be able to bring all my tracks into Melodyne so I can line up with the drums. The only option I have is stereo or dual mono for VST's tracks right now.

Thank you 

Not sure what you mean by “bring all my tracks into Melodyne so I can line up with the drums”. 

You can use Melodyne as an insert on any audio track. I’ve never seen any reason to try it with software instrument tracks.

BTW the plugins in Logic are Audio Units (AU) not VSTs.

• Like 1

So in Melodyne you can bring all the tracks you have with it running into the tracklist section of Melodyne. Once you have that you can line up your instrument bass for example with the AU/VST drums (I use SD3) using the Time Macro so that's the reason for asking. I can do this in non ARA but would like the convenience.

Thought I should be able to run SD3 with an instance of ARA Melodyne or is that not the case?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

Melodyne ARA only works with audio tracks. You will have to bounce audio tracks from your virtual instrument to do this.

Thanks for confirming. Will carry on outside of ARA.

Thanks

• Like 1