Question about Mastering Assistant

blinkofani
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hi all, for some time now I decided to return to an older system using older software but I find the Mastering assistant in LP 10.8 a great tool. It is installed on my current M1 Mac but since I don't use that computer to make music, it's not available on my older Mac. Being 56, I know my ears are not what they used to be, so if I produce on an earlier version of Logic and would want to import it on LP 10.8 just for the final mastering stage, will Mastering Assistant do a better job if I import only a stereo bounce from the project made elsewhere or should I bounce everything in audio, including insert FXs (since some are not available on my M1 Mac), and import the multitrack session in LP 10.8?

Does it make a difference for the analysis if the plugin(can we call it a plugin??) has the individual tracks vs the stereo mix down? If MA works better with multitrack content vs a mix down, it would be worth the time to bounce all tracks before importing in LP10.8. Thanks for any suggestions.