Rewire "Reason" Logic 8

digitalgl

What are you guys finding reason doing that L8 doesn't ?

As for me (and I imagine the many other people out there), I have about 30 ReFills that I still enjoy using, and there is no easy way (and sometimes no way at all) to get those sounds/loops/whatever loaded into Logic without simply using Reason as a ReWire slave. Also, as much as Logic offers you, some people might just prefer some of the synths/sounds/interface(s) found in Reason.

But I hope people don't lose sight of my original question two posts up. I'd really love an answer -- !

Make sure that the instruments are assigned to the corresponding midi channels you want and don't use channel 1 or 2, you have to start from 3 (some things you just have to accept). Delete the Reason Mixer and in the Reason sequencer, select the transport.

Emile-- Why would one need to delete the Reason mixer and sequencer? Does that cause certain dilemmas within Logic?

Hi Guys,

A bit OT, I think reason is an excellent app but haven't seen any need at all for it since I got L8.

What are you guys finding reason doing that L8 doesn't ?

just curious?

Best-

PM

PMcC: I second the above post by QuantumSheep. Also, I've been a Reason user for 5-6 years now. I think there are a lot of people out there who have used Reason with Cubase, Sonar, Acid Pro, etc., but have recently jumped into Logic 8 (and Macs in general), and have a lot to learn about this program. I find it comforting to at least have one element of my recording arsenal that is 100% reliable; that is, I know I can definitely achieve "that sound I need" with Reason, while it'll take me another few months or so before I can easily do the same in Logic.

And I just love the manipulation and rewiring available to me in Reason. And I'm not exactly sure if Logic can recreate the kind of sounds I love to create in Reason.

Of course, that may change as the years go on...

I have Logic Studio 8 and Reason 3.0 Build 514. I am trying to use Reason as a ReWire Client (which I always used to do with Sonar on the Windows platform; Mac as a whole is quite new to me).

Thanks!

QuantumSheep

You don't say what kind of Mac you are using, but if you are using an Intel Mac, you need at least Reason 3.05 for Rewire to work. You should be able to find this as a free download from Propellerheads software site if you are a registered user.

cycloptic

I have Logic Studio 8 and Reason 3.0 Build 514. I am trying to use Reason as a ReWire Client (which I always used to do with Sonar on the Windows platform; Mac as a whole is quite new to me).

Thanks!

QuantumSheep

You don't say what kind of Mac you are using, but if you are using an Intel Mac, you need at least Reason 3.05 for Rewire to work. You should be able to find this as a free download from Propellerheads software site if you are a registered user.

cycloptic

cycloptic

Yes, that was it!! (I do have an Intel Mac, I guess I'm still so new I didn't even know that was necessary to specify!!)

Thanks so much cycloptic, you saved me a Reason 4 upgrade that I couldn't quite justify and even more importantly, I can start infusing some of my favorite grooves & pads into my latest Logic projects!!

I really researched this a lot on Google, Apple forums, Propellerhead forums, and it's amazing that I just didn't find mention of this anywhere. Thanks for solving what turned out to be a relatively easy fix ...

QuantumSheep

cycloptic

Yes, that was it!! (I do have an Intel Mac, I guess I'm still so new I didn't even know that was necessary to specify!!)

Thanks so much cycloptic, you saved me a Reason 4 upgrade that I couldn't quite justify and even more importantly, I can start infusing some of my favorite grooves & pads into my latest Logic projects!!

I really researched this a lot on Google, Apple forums, Propellerhead forums, and it's amazing that I just didn't find mention of this anywhere. Thanks for solving what turned out to be a relatively easy fix ...

QuantumSheep

You're quite welcome. Glad to hear that everything is working.

You may have missed this in the research because there were other symtoms, ie performance, that got more attention than the rewire issue at the time. If you were searching on rewire, this might have slipped through the crack.

cycloptic

• 1 month later...
For those who have issues like I did with Logic Pro 8 & Reason 4 rewire, here is a nice video tutorial that helps .

Hey that was very helpful. I didn't have much trouble getting Reason rewired but I couldn't figure out how to get my Reason track mixed down to audio which he briefly explains at the end.

That didn't really work. I downloaded the files, installed, ran Logic, ran Reason, and the error I get is:

Cannot open Reason engine.

Please reinstall to make sure that the Reason engine is properly installed.

I reinstalled Reason but it didn't work. Same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I saw the same error when trying to run Reason 4 rewired into Cubase LE on my MBP. It had worked fine on my Powerbook G4 and I believe the problem had to do with Cubase LE not be universal binary.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get "rewire adapted" to work. Having horrid latency issues. Have seen a post on another thread about setting the audio pref in reason to "live" but pref panel tells me "all audio is controlled by the mixer".

I'm stumped.

PLEH cried professor backwards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had problems the other night with this same issue - and I realised that if you have Reason 4.0 preferences set to open the built in Reason demo song it doesn't automatically open in Rewire Slave Mode, it uses your audio card. So even if you close the demo and open a new file after that, it still won't go to Rewire Slave Mode.

You have to set the Reason 4.0 preferences to open an empty rack for it to open in Rewire Slave Mode when Logic is already running. Then you drop in whatever rack items you need and route them, then follow the steps in Logic that have already been posted.There may be other ways around it too, but this is what worked for me.

I have logic 8 academic version, and I load logic fist and reson second, cant get reason 3.o to slave mode. Any ideas?

Are you using an intel mac? If not disregard the following.

If so, have you updated Reason to version 3.05? That's the version of Reason that adds Intel support, and rewire will not work otherwise.

cycloptic

• 4 months later...

Hi to everybody

I am using Reason 3.05 and I want to rewire it to Logic 8.01

everything works fine wxcept that frustrating little detail: Logic doesn't "remember" all the routing I did! I have to go through this every time I reopen my projects which for projects with many Reason instruments is at least discouraging!

Emile said time ago that this bug is fixed...but it still doesn't work for me...

anyone has a clue what is oging on?

please somebody help cause I have been trying to figure this out for more than 4 months now!

thank you all for your time!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...