modulation in silver reverb

syncsailor

I remember back in the early 90s while working in a room with a lex 480... the engineer put a verb on the grand piano that seemed to have a slight chorus effect on the reverb tail. is this how it was done? can this effect be programmed with the silver verb in logic?

if not, are there any 3rd party pugins that can do this? Breverb maybe?

thanks

I remember back in the early 90s while working in a room with a lex 480... the engineer put a verb on the grand piano that seemed to have a slight chorus effect on the reverb tail. is this how it was done? can this effect be programmed with the silver verb in logic?

if not, are there any 3rd party pugins that can do this? Breverb maybe?

thanks

"Modulation" performs a chorus-like effect on the reverb, probably by modulating the effect's internal delay lines. It makes especially long reverb tails sound less rigid. Best you can do is try it out.

The 480 does this on it's own, in theory it's a chorusing effect, the likes of which you can use the logic chorus plug to get somewhere near.

I'm sure the 480 does something much more complex.

It's also quite nice to induce a wider stereo image, but be careful things don't start to disappear in mono.