Logic Pro and Express 9.1.1 Available

midiman

Can someone tell me why they would make it so that all new instrument tracks default to an EVP88?

I just updated, running in 32-bit mode, and a newly created software channel strip does not contain any plug-in. Working for other people?

It does if you create a new software instrument using the New Track menu/button. One quirk is that it only seems to do it for the last one if you add multiple Software Instruments track this way. It also only adds the plugin if you have 'open library' ticked. :roll:

That was the step I was missing. I was opening the software channel strip with library closed. Thanks for the insight.

Also, Novation Automap doesn't quite work in 64-bit.

It can only be used for MIDI cc controlling. It doesn't recognize the plugins - neither 32-bit AU or the Logic ones.

Oh well, at least it is a step forward - maybe Novation needs to update the software, i dunno.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate all you guys being early-adopter-guinea-pigs. Maybe in a year or so I'll decide to upgrade and you all will have already figured out all the pitfalls.

Just showin' my gratitude! :wink:

Haha what can i say im a sucker for an update :lol:

I can't say enough how much I appreciate all you guys being early-adopter-guinea-pigs. Maybe in a year or so I'll decide to upgrade and you all will have already figured out all the pitfalls.

I've a soundtrack on arrival: what do you say, should I upgrade?

:D

OK, just to add some things to the list of bugs that have been fixed (or not).

-Typing a SMPTE location in the transport and other places works again.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=54192

-Searching from the library search field works again:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=53789

Still broken in 9.1.1:

When working with global tracks, if you make the mixer/piano roll/etc panes big enough to cover the global tracks, whatever you have there will disappear:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=54925&highlight=

J.

come on man..you can do it. just do it.

I've a soundtrack on arrival: what do you say, should I upgrade?

You know what they say. No guts, no glory. :wink:

I downloaded this update and tried to install it but a window dropped down and said that my computer didn't need this update. I'm running Logic 9.02 at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

At some stage for some reason you moved Logic out of or renamed it in your Applications folder. Software Update doesn't know you have Logic Pro until you put it back there/rename it