Logic Pro and Express 9.1.1 Available

midiman

still can't write automation from control surfaces (worked in Logic 8.02, but not since)

That works fine here. Always has.

Thanks for the reply David - I should have added that I was talking specifically about writing envelope automation to track automation while in Touch Mode, but that Quick Access Automation works perfectly from the same control surfaces

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but would be grateful if you could help me figure this one out (I posted a thread about this issue a few weeks ago in the bug section: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=53363 )

I'm seeing improvement already. I'm working on a project with a lot of samples from Kontakt that were causing my puny 2 gig ram system to choke on some memory bubbles and that's immediately calmed down to almost nothing. Also, I was experiencing a bizarre animated jitter when dragging automation mute nodes in the last version and that's gone back to normal, no more jitter. I applaud Apple for taking an interest in this program again. - Emile

I downloaded this update and tried to install it but a window dropped down and said that my computer didn't need this update. I'm running Logic 9.02 at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

You need to update to 9.1 first. :shock:

No, you don't. But renaming Logic Pro or moving the app will result in this error.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate all you guys being early-adopter-guinea-pigs. Maybe in a year or so I'll decide to upgrade and you all will have already figured out all the pitfalls.

Just showin' my gratitude! :wink:

I've a soundtrack on arrival: what do you say, should I upgrade?

:D

You know what they say. No guts, no glory. :wink:

Ok, I'm a fearless guy: I've updated, loaded songs and sounds, done some strange manipuation...

Everything seems ok, and EXS is finally Giga compatible without strange behaviours...

Now I only have to sign the contract with the production and wait for the ultimate crash on Logic....

:)

I renamed Logic Pro 9.0.2 as Logic Pro and the update worked this time. But it's beyond me how one is expected to know that this is why the update wouldn't work the first time. Incidentally after the update I now have Logic Pro (which is Logic Pro 9.1.1.) and Logic Pro 9.0.2 in my Applicatiions Folder.

I renamed Logic Pro 9.0.2 as Logic Pro and the update worked this time. But it's beyond me how one is expected to know that this is why the update wouldn't work the first time. Incidentally after the update I now have Logic Pro (which is Logic Pro 9.1.1.) and Logic Pro 9.0.2 in my Applicatiions Folder.

Each time you update it installs the new version as 'Logic Pro' and keeps the old version but adds the version number to the name (Logic Pro 9.0.2). This way you still have access to the old versions if you need them for plugin compatibility reasons etc. It is safe to delete the old versions if you don't need them.

Ok thanks. Now the problem is that it doesn't seem to recognize the Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro. The Logic Express Loops seem to be recognized ok. I tried dragging the Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro onto the Loops area, and it said that the folder was already there did I want to overwrite it. I said no the first time, but still couldn't access the loops, so I said yes the second time - but I still can't access them!

it doesn't seem to recognize the Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro

There are some suggestions in this Apple tech note: "Logic: Rebuilding the Loop Index."

I clicked on Logic Pro Help and got this error message

I think you'll find a solution to that in a LPH message here.

Would I be better off doing a fresh re-install of 9.1.1?

I don't think there's any need for that. I think it wouldn't do anything to solve the Help problem, and it's probably not needed to solve the loops problem.

installer shows "don't need to install"

Look in this folder:

Macintosh HD/Applications

Check to see if it contains an item with this exact name:

Logic Pro

If your Logic app has a different name, and/or is in a different place, that would cause the problem you noticed.

installer shows "don't need to install"

Look in this folder:

Macintosh HD/Applications

Check to see if it contains an item with this exact name:

Logic Pro

If your Logic app has a different name, and/or is in a different place, that would cause the problem you noticed.

ah!!!

i will try!!

thanx! :P