Logic Pro 9.1.8 released

Sadly though for me, I just got the Airplay dialogue box again :|

Installing the latest software update on your AppleTV should resolve this.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was on 5.1 before I updated Logic. I'll give it a bit more time over the next few days but I've seen it once already.

Sadly though for me, I just got the Airplay dialogue box again :|

Installing the latest software update on your AppleTV should resolve this.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was on 5.1 before I updated Logic. I'll give it a bit more time over the next few days but I've seen it once already.

Plan B: turn off AirPlay on your AppleTV

Was experiencing a lot of touchiness, with my the Euphonix MC Control unit rotary control knobs, on 3rd party plugin (Flux::); the feel is now smooth & consistent (was unusable, values jumping around erratically), now comparable with other plugin :D guessing this has to do with:

Resolves performance issues when using plug-ins that provide frequent graphic feedback.

Everything runs smoothly here now. No more lag. And also solo mode now works properly when changing takes.

Regards J

I wouldn't say "smoothly" at all. You know how they fixed it? By f$@%ing the frame-rate of plug-ins. If you load up an EQ and turn on the analyzer, set the decay to 24 dB/s, it's choppy as hell now. Seems to me like they did this in a hurry. At least it's responsive again..

I wouldn't say "smoothly" at all. You know how they fixed it? By f$@%ing the frame-rate of plug-ins. If you load up an EQ and turn on the analyzer, set the decay to 24 dB/s, it's choppy as hell now. Seems to me like they did this in a hurry. At least it's responsive again..

That's not what I'm experiencing here! Smooth as silk here.

Also, now when I manipulate settings in Lexicon reverbs (LXP bundle), I don't audio artefacts, as I did before.

Regards,

Matt

+1 Matrixx's comments.. No issues here with any form of jerkiness at all though I also didn't have the lag problem in the first place but after the update I haven't noticed any change in the smoothness of graphical plugins.. It all works the same way on my system as it did before... in regards to that particular issue.

+1 Matrixx's comments.. No issues here with any form of jerkiness at all though I also didn't have the lag problem in the first place but after the update I haven't noticed any change in the smoothness of graphical plugins.. It all works the same way on my system as it did before... in regards to that particular issue.

try it on a really busy project vs. an empty one. Do not understand why 2d rudimentary graphic updates are so hard in the day of photo-realistic multiplayer first person shooters. Battlefield 3, etc. Must not be a priority.

Robert,

I do heavy project work in Logic almost every day (Today's 'job' was a 50 track project using SI's (Diva, Omni, various RP's and VEP) + Audio along with multiple FX on each track.. and as I said, no issue with graphical jerkiness at all.. This is on both my MMS and my iMac (see sig)

You seem to have some other issue... that is not related to the one(s) that were fixed in the latest Logic update.

Hopefully you can track down the cause of your issues.. and fix them yourself.

Robert,

I do heavy project work in Logic almost every day (Today's 'job' was a 50 track project using SI's (Diva, Omni, various RP's and VEP) + Audio along with multiple FX on each track.. and as I said, no issue with graphical jerkiness at all.. This is on both my MMS and my iMac (see sig)

You seem to have some other issue... that is not related to the one(s) that were fixed in the latest Logic update.

Hopefully you can track down the cause of your issues.. and fix them yourself.

I intend to. And I intend to try with other projects. It could be the UAD-2, or the Virus TI in plugin mode, any number of other things which I have that you may not, still, it should work better than this.

I intend to. And I intend to try with other projects. It could be the UAD-2, or the Virus TI in plugin mode, any number of other things which I have that you may not, still, it should work better than this.

Yes.. I have neither of those two so they could be the cause of your issues... I have heard of several weird issues with UAD stuff and the TI plugin has had it's own list of problems in the past... so I would check them out first and foremost to discount them as being the cause.

Also, what Computer do you have? Mac Pro by any chance? If so it could be a graphic card related issue that i have come across in the past...

Good luck...

Yes.. I have neither of those two so they could be the cause of your issues... I have heard of several weird issues with UAD stuff and the TI plugin has had it's own list of problems in the past... so I would check them out first and foremost to discount them as being the cause.

Also, what Computer do you have? Mac Pro by any chance? If so it could be a graphic card related issue that i have come across in the past...

Good luck...

It was the level meter and gain plugins. How about that s#!+?

Start with a blank/empty track.

turn on the metronome.

put a channel EQ on the master. Turn on analyzer. set analyzer decay to 30dB/s. Observe how fast the decay goes.

Now, add gain and level meter plugs to the master afterwards.

Be amazed at how crappily the EQ draws after that. Wow. Take the level meter/chan EQ back off and watch it go fast again.

I want to say s#!+ here. Can't I say s#!+ here? I think the elites can say s#!+. I have seen them do it!

Edited by robertg

Everything runs smoothly here now. No more lag. And also solo mode now works properly when changing takes.

Regards J

Those were exactly my first thoughts, a quick & dirty fix. On an empty project after putting three or so insert effects on a track, I am seeing a huge drop in frame rate on the EQ plugin when dragging the bands, even without the analyser on. Same if you look at the gain reduction meter on the compressor plugin, it's really choppy.

Also, still dazzles me how they never fixed / have noticed the fullscreen bug where the mouse cursor won't change. I mean when you implement the fullscreen button on your program, you would think you test if it works.

Anyway, I'm still VERY happy with this as the most important thing is that I can work again, and all the controls react smooth on mouse input.

+1 Pleo

amazed at how crappily the EQ draws after that. Wow. Take the level meter/chan EQ back off and watch it go fast again.

:? Guessing it would be very disturbing to those that, in essence, watch to take notice of changes, instead of being all ears :roll:

I have always noticed the lag between the scroll bar and what you hear, although a bit bothersome, it is reasonable, and inherently denotes the existence of latency :wink:

In any case, I'm pleased & satisfied with the latest revision... adaptations I can total live with it, even in the event there was never to be a LPX! :P

+1 Pleo
amazed at how crappily the EQ draws after that. Wow. Take the level meter/chan EQ back off and watch it go fast again.

:? Guessing it would be very disturbing to those that, in essence, watch to take notice of changes, instead of being all ears :roll:

I have always noticed the lag between the scroll bar and what you hear, although a bit bothersome, it is reasonable, and inherently denotes the existence of latency :wink:

In any case, I'm pleased & satisfied with the latest revision... adaptations I can total live with it, even in the event there was never to be a LPX! :P

Ya know what, it has nothing to do with ears vs. eyes. Yes Logic works much better now thanks to this update, however I want my programs to be fast and responsive. Cubase under XP and Windows 7 runs circles around Logic in terms of frame-rate.

It's just blatantly obvious that Apple spent so much time getting their iOS devices smooth, fluid, and glassy. You know why that is? Steve Jobs was a micro-managing perfectionist when it came to that.. But obviously, he didn't use Logic and probably never gave it the same scrutiny. Or it was too much work to revamp the emagic code. I HOPE logic X has a graphical re-write.

The more you zoom in the more stuttery and erratic the transport bar moves, Why can't they make a simple bar draw across the screen in a fluid fashion. it's s#!+ like that.

When I open the Multimeter in 9.1.8 all the visuals become very slow, even on an empty project.

Im back on 9.1.7 and all is working 100% again.

Did you have any lag problems before updating to 9.1.8?

I had no lag issues before I updated to 9.1.8 and now that Im running 9.1.7 again its all back to normal.

Really dissapointed...after a full day of using Logic, the lag occured again. Because they "fixed" it by dropping the framerate when the GUI lag begins, it's a bit more workable with less delay, but still enough to disturb my workflow. And as a bonus 9.1.8 now freezes when adding loops to the loops browser.

I must say, I've never moaned so much about Logic, as it always has been a fantastic DAW to work with in my opinion, but this is just unacceptable.

I really hope Logic X is around the corner, or they at least think about what's the use of having this disturbing secrecy policy when you're losing customers because of it and give us an announcement, info, just anything that would give us the patience to wait before looking for alternatives.

Really dissapointed...after a full day of using Logic, the lag occured again. Because they "fixed" it by dropping the framerate when the GUI lag begins, it's a bit more workable with less delay, but still enough to disturb my workflow. And as a bonus 9.1.8 now freezes when adding loops to the loops browser.

I must say, I've never moaned so much about Logic, as it always has been a fantastic DAW to work with in my opinion, but this is just unacceptable.

I really hope Logic X is around the corner, or they at least think about what's the use of having this disturbing secrecy policy when you're losing customers because of it and give us an announcement, info, just anything that would give us the patience to wait before looking for alternatives.

crock of s#!+, isn't it? Makes me wonder if there is anyone left over there who actually uses logic to create music, and is also a developer.

Either that, or this is just supposed to be a quick fix because an overhaul is coming