Logic Pro X and Logic Remote Now Available

am gonna spend a week going thru active songs, work....and bounce all my sylenth1 parts to audio (will take most of a week, ugh). sad about the 32bit bridge, but...not surprising.

my GF just walked by, she says "are you gonna spend the day TALKING about logic, or are you gonna install it and LEARN it?" the answer: both....

Edited by fisherking

No mention of scoring to picture features/improvements in the official apple PR....has this disappeared? I'd be very surprised if it has. Maybe someone who is lucky enough not to be in work for the next 6 hours can give a quick review :)

Looking at the specs it doesn't seem as though 32 bit floating point audio files are supported - can anyone confirm whether this is the case?

The reason I ask is because I do most of my writing in Ableton Live and Live's manual recommends that dither be used when exporting at less than 32 bit. If I want to mix in Logic, I don't really want to apply dither to all of my stems before I start mixing. If there's a gap in my understanding I'd be grateful if someone could let me know! :)

"High-end dithering algorithms (POW-r, Apogee UV22HR)"

Ooooh, new dithering algorithm!

Am I weird for this being the first thing that makes me want to upgrade? :?

...looks like Logic (nicely) absorbed all the goodies from many (in this case, Cubase) daws available on the market today...

and not necessary a bad thing. 8)

...one small step for an application. one giant leap for Logic users.

one(actually 2) thing, I'd love to know is, could LP9 and LPX both can be used on the same computer?

and is there a bridge?

I'm a bit settled now from the initial hype... :oops:

Exciting times with the new Logic Pro X now officially released. Seen many questions here about the new Logic X... so, (without advertising the 5 other new paid-for video courses at macProVideo.com on Logic Pro X) ...

I thought you guys might be interested in learning more about the new features in this FREE video course by Steve H:

http://play.macprovideo.com/logic-pro-100-whats-new-in-logic-pro-x/1

We've also got free tutorial-articles on the new features by Steve H, David Earl and our other authors being published over the coming days over on the MPV Hub...

Enjoy! Logic Pro X is IMHO a real improvement over Logic Pro 9 :)