LPX - Features that were REMOVED

EdgarRothermich

+ Compatibility with 32 bit Plugins!

Sorry, but can not see this happening! 32Bit Bridge was buggy to begin with, and 64bit is the future, has been for 3 years or so now. Logic will get VST support back before 32bit again.... RIP SupaTrigga, LiveCut.... :P

I wonder if by now it is possible to create a DAW that (mainly) consists of features other DAWS have dropped - sort of an antiDAW, in a way... hmm...

or... you could just make music with what's available to you now :P

:?:

Shhh!

Shhht!

Do I hear muffled mumbling from within a box? 8)

To answer the question: o please, not that again. That's what I've done all my musical life. In fact, I don't know any amateur or pro musician who hasn't done just that. :P :P I want my antiDAW!

:mrgreen:

The ability to use fades on regions that had flex on them. Fades now immediately disable when flex is enabled.

No wonder they removed that. They where never meant to be used together. That's why it always gave buggy results.

J.

Agreed, although short fades (less than 10 ms) worked fine here on flexed regions.

For my part, i kind of liked how the looped sections of a region were greyish. Now, it's the content that tells if it's a loop or an actual region. If the zoom is small to a point you don't see content, it's impossible to distinguish. Didn't like the cmd+a look on a session with a lot of regions. And, i always preferred a light-colored piano roll but i can get used to the new style. They really want Logic to be dark!!

But, i can say after a couple of hours on it that i really like the workflow enhancements... and when most removable GB references are gone. Nice work!!!

Blink

Haven't seen this mentioned yet but you can hide the top bar with transport by dragging up the separator line underneath it. In this way, you can go from toolbar + transport bar, transport bar only, or just a normal plain window title. Useful if you want to maximise screen space and want to use a floating transport and displays instead...

- You can't unlink windows (the purple chain icon). I like to have the score open to read one part while I play another.

There's no longer a link button, but there is a Link menu under View in the tracks (arrange) area.

http://cl.ly/image/012q0h2e1G2j/link.jpg

But it is totally gone in the Piano Roll and still a link icon in the Score Editor.

CREATE EMPTY MIDI REGION is not available on audio tracks anymore, which is a shame. It was pretty handy for some things.

I agree but it is understandable.

An addition to this behaviour is that you now get prompted to import an audio file if you click with the Pencil Tool.

Does this mean that you can't put a blank region on the output track?? That was extremely handy for instantly setting up bounce zones as I bounced out new mixes for clients and for works in progress. I'll hate it if that's gone. :x

What makes it understandable that you can't create blank regions on tracks?

I agree but it is understandable.

An addition to this behaviour is that you now get prompted to import an audio file if you click with the Pencil Tool.

Does this mean that you can't put a blank region on the output track?? That was extremely handy for instantly setting up bounce zones as I bounced out new mixes for clients and for works in progress. I'll hate it if that's gone. :x

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just use the loop locators for that? That's what I always do.

It still reads MIDI and works as they used to.

Blank MIDI regions on Audio Tracks.

So at this point shouldn't someone add "Create Track with Next MIDI Channel" into the "removed features" list? At first it sounded like this feature was there but bugged, but the last I read, the feature that is present is "Create Track with Next Channel", not the same thing. So doesn't it now seem like Apple deliberately left this capability out? (A decision which is very likely going to keep me from upgrading.)